Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Stones: No Tour Plans
mdome / News / 03/02/2011 07:40am
Stones: No Tour Plans

The Rolling Stones have denied there are any plans for a tour later this year.A ongoing legal battle between Live Nation and former chairman Michael Cohl appeared to reveal that the band were lining up a tour to start at the end of 2011. But in a statement, the band have said:

‘Following the end of the 2007 A Bigger Bang world tour, The Rolling Stones became free from any contractual arrangements or agreements with Michael Cohl. He is neither their representative nor their tour promoter.

Also, the Stones confirmed today they have no firm plans to
 tour at this time’.

rolling-stones-logo.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Well that just sucks. Oh well, all I can do now is enjoy their studio albums.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Hmm... I would go to see Trolling Stones if they invite Mick Talyor. But at this point I don't really care if they go on tour or not.
Stones without Taylor =/= Stones.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I wonder whether we take this article seriously or wait for the next one that states Keef reckons they'll tour and record in 2011............................. :heheh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I haven't liked the Stones music since the stuff they put out in 76's. I can't see why anyone would pay to hear them play the way they sound live these days ( and have since the 80's ) .

To me they sound as decrepit as they look. Just my opinion but one I feel strongly about.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I haven't liked the Stones music since the stuff they put out in 76's. I can't see why anyone would pay to hear them play the way they sound live these days ( and have since the 80's ) .

I would see them live for the bragging rights of being able to say that i've seen them. I've seen quite a few shows that i'm not particularly happy with, but they were shows that I had wanted to see for the experience.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.

To me they sound as decrepit as they look. Just my opinion but one I feel strongly about.

As they say on Family Feud: "GOOD ANSWER!"

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I seen The Rolling Stones at Madison Square Garden in 2005 or 2006, can't remember, and they sounded great.

Stones fans, don't believe these stories, they could announce a Summer or Fall tour next year. Who knows? I don't take these news stories too serious.

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I gotta say DKW I saw them on the Voodoo Lounge Tour '95 at Don Valley and hand on heart that show is easily in the top 5 gigs I have ever seen.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online