No new Van Halen tour and album in 2011?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

VAN HALEN CONFUSION CONTINUES:
Preface: I know you folks are just gonna love this…

Earlier today I was contacted by the office of Larry Solters – spokesman for Van Halen asking me to give him a call. I did so and was asked to pass on clarification of my Van Halen news item earlier this week. It seems there was some surprise in the VH camp following my news and the official word is that… "none of it was true."
Yep…incredibly, the official word is that there is "no tour on the books" right now and "no new album on the books".
Mr. Solters did concede that the guys hung out together "working on stuff", but as of right now – no album, no tour in 2011. He kindly added that I'd be the first to know when there was news.

That's all I have to add right now. Safe to say that this rebuke has not put me off digging deeper into this and I'll report back when possible. I'll leave it up to you Van Halen fans to choose what to believe!

VANHALEN-LOGO.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing new from VH? Gee this is upsetting. I was hoping that there would be a tour and album.........oh well...........I guess we just keep waiting a bit longer.

One good sign though.....gossip! once they plant the seed of gossip and rumors you just know something is going on. They are generating some publicity this way, and publicity usually means some action is going on with the band!

:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's possible, but I also believe the main thing driving this kind of rumour is "Getting the Scoop first" and whether it's true or not doesn't seem to matter anymore.

It's alright for band news though, they are just entertainment but the same disease has now taken root in all news media, to the point I no longer trust more than a select few for getting to the truth of the matter.;)

I guess when I see the new VH album in my travels I will know they have been busy in the studio.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You know what they say "gossip is usually half true"........with that in mind, something is definitely going on or there wouldn't be gossip.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Somehow I knew this was going to happen. At this point I'll believe Van Halen is going to put out a new album with Roth after it's already come out.

karaoke

Reaction score
There are very strong rumors they WILL be putting out a record next year 2011, in wich the tour will include AUSTRALIA at last.
i think the only time they toured AUSTRALIA was with that wannabe Garry Cherone.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sundaytakako

Members online