Nirvana (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I love this one, Its just kurt and its short but for some reason I really love it on loop when im smoking or just driving around :) When he stops at the beginning and says the song title, that kinda makes it known that it wasnt a production. It becomes a little more real, for me at least :3

Definitely! :33

That was on Calvin Johnson (of Beat Happening)'s radio show. Apparently Kurt was writing new songs and he just wanted to go ahead and do them somewhere so he went on Calvin's show. Unfortunately the full tape has never been found....

Pulse

Reaction score
Nirvana is definitely my favorite band from the '90s. I'm sure many would agree with me that Unplugged is their best album. Even though no one ever talks about them, Bleach and Incesticide are highly underrated albums. Kurt was a genius.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
I liked unplugged pretty well, but I think incesticide was just epic. It wasnt just crap thrown together like the other comps. It wasnt rushed like bleach (Lyrics were written fast to conform to the recent hype of gunge music) or overrated like nevermind. There wasnt that overpowering feeling of production and forced material, and it as edgy. Kurt liked it best because the record execs let him have almost complete control of the album. Its not surprising that it didnt sell outragiously, for many reasons diehard Nirvana fans know especially well. Incesticide is among my top 10 90s albums :) Kurt was a miserable bastard, but an amazing musician. Of grunge, he was certainly the best. Its not likely there will ever be another to accomplish so much so quickly, and hate themselves to the capacity which he did. It looked as if, when talking about music, he believed everyone elses mattered more somehow. Like Nirvana was a ripoff band that made it big due to consumers not hearing the bands he listened to.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I never really got to hear that Unplugged... Going to have to check it out sometime this week.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online