Nightwish (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'd also like to say that The Greatest Show on Earth may be the best song Nightwish has ever recorded.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Anette was just fine on her own NW material. I don't think there were any official live releases with her doing Tarja-era stuff, and probably for the best, I've read that she wasn't a great live vocalist overall.

Still, 2 really good albums with a more folk-metal feel than the previous albums.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anette was just fine on her own NW material. I don't think there were any official live releases with her doing Tarja-era stuff, and probably for the best, I've read that she wasn't a great live vocalist overall.

Still, 2 really good albums with a more folk-metal feel than the previous albums.

Agreed. People were way too harsh on Anette and a lot of them just expected too much of Tarja in her as far as vocal ability. Anette never was going to match it and probably was the best that she didn't do Tarja songs live but she is a great vocalist anyway.

I'd also like to say that The Greatest Show on Earth may be the best song Nightwish has ever recorded.

One of their best for sure. I feel that song could have fit somewhere in the Once album era with the length and theatrical feel to it.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
New video from Anette Olzon (ex Nightwish) and Jani Liimatainen (ex Sonata Arctica):

That's the second video from the album. The first was a flat out NW soundalike, but still really good.

Texas King

Reaction score
I love Tarja-era Nightwish, it's probably among my fave metal bands.
Oceanborn is the most amazing album(my fave) by them.

Frands

Reaction score
Human. :II: Nature has been out for a while now, have you heard it, and what are your thoughts?

I was expecting a lot from this album, maybe even too much? But unfortunately very few tracks of this album fires me up. I know people are saying that this album requires multiple rounds of listening, and I've done that, but even so it falls short. Tuomas Holopainen is and will always be a mastermind of composing music, and this album is not an exception, but I think it's time to try something new? My favorite track of this album is "Tribal". I'll give it 3 stars out of five.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online