New year's Superbowl....Guns N Roses reunion?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The days of dragging old dinosaurs on stage is over, or should be. It is time to move on and it doesn't matter who the band is really, there are a host of good rock bands that have been around since the 90's, and they deserve the spotlight now. The bands that have been playing since the 60's to 80's have had their time and now it is time for new blood.

After all we are only talking about 20+ minutes of a one shot set, during a sporting event, that is supposed to be the main focus anyway. The halftime show is not essential, not to me at least.

Reaction score
^^The days of dragging old dinosaurs on stage is over, or should be. It is time to move on and it doesn't matter who the band is really, there are a host of good rock bands that have been around since the 90's, and they deserve the spotlight now. The bands that have been playing since the 60's to 80's have had their time and now it is time for new blood.

After all we are only talking about 20+ minutes of a one shot set, during a sporting event, that is supposed to be the main focus anyway. The halftime show is not essential, not to me at least.

I agree, but many people don't.. and I DEFINITELY can't argue that there haven't been good bands.. I keep spending more and more time in the 2010's forum:heheh:
But, when they look for a band, it seems like they try to appeal to everyone, which there isn't really a pop artist or rock artist that appeals the way a lot of "dinosaurs" did, and even still do..

For new artists though, my vote goes to Kings of Leon, Zac Brown, Phoenix, or possibly bringing the Foo Fighters back up:D

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
The problem is....the last big rock band that the majority of the rock world liked was Guns n' Roses ...

Anyway, I think I'd rather hear a high school marching band, than any modern pop or rock band.
:heheh:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Let's really shake things up and invite these guys to do a few songs next year.:D

3c6af8c1c032ef45e848e7d44222a3a2.jpg

And I'll wager they get a better response than the BEP's...:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yes I think that'd be best but after a few years of people complaining about all of the old farts playing the Superbowl the Black Eyed Peas finally break that chain and then shoot themselves in the foot. :bonk:

But if we're talking about bringing in some new blood that can put on a show like GWAR can then how about the Scissor Sisters? Because when I think of football then this is the kind of band I think of...

NokiaScissor_Sisters.jpg

:heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Newer bands aren't as universally loved as "dinosaurs" from the 60's and 70's because the business is a lot different.

Nowadays, all a band needs is one album that flops and they are bumped off of their record label and never to be heard from again. Not a good way to build a catalog or experiment with their sound until they get it "right."

Kiss had at least a couple studio albums which went over like a lead balloon. They are just lucky it didn't happen during the 2000's. But given the era they came from, it was back to the drawing board for the next album. Same with other bands from the era.

When radio, tv, media, music video games and even fans act as if the 1980's and 1990's never existed at the expense of promoting and celebrating groups who don't need the press at all, of course more recent bands aren't going to measure up to the old ones.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I reckon something like Pearl Jam or Wolfmother would be great for the half-time show if you wanted something new and fresh (compared to the Rolling Stones) :grinthumb

Or even the Foo Fighters.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I reckon something like Pearl Jam or Wolfmother would be great for the half-time show if you wanted something new and fresh (compared to the Rolling Stones) :grinthumb

Or even the Foo Fighters.

Yeah, I was actually just thinking a day or two ago that Pearl Jam could do a stellar job at the Superbowl but with the way they steer away from corporate games I don't know if they'd ever actually want to do it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online