Register to remove these ads

New URIAH HEEP - Living The Dream

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by Heepster, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

I have, I don't dislike it but it just seems like an imitation of Heep to me . It is far and away better than most If not all of their
    Post Byron material for certain but I'm still not really grabbed by it at all. To me it just isn't Heep . I might like them better under a different name.

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Senior Member

The Lawton era was right up there with the Byron era for me. I love John in Lucifer's Friend and he has a powerful voice to this day.

If anyone had to replace Byron, I'm glad it was Lawton. It just didn't last long enough.

3. joe

joe Senior Member

The biggest surprise from 2018. Their best album since ‘Firefly’. This album rocks hard and fast. Definitely would recommend a listen.

4. E-Z

E-Z Senior Member

I like the Firefly album from 1976 and in fact I like the John Lawton fronted line up of the band and the three albums Heep released with John on lead vocals especially Firefly & Innocent Victim although the last one from memory Fallen Angel from 1978 was a bit 'poppy' with short orientated songs on it and it didn't have anything on it that stood out that I can recall?.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    joe likes this.
  5. E-Z

E-Z Senior Member

Thanks for the 'like' on the above post joe and to continue to talk about Uriah Heep even though I don't ever really listen to there albums anymore these days when I first heard the live album from Birmingham in 1973 on a double-vinyl gatefold album back in 1985 it knocked me out!!. The live album was very well recorded and has a great selection of songs on it from Very Eavy, Very Umble, Salisbury, Look At Yourself, Demons And Wizards & The Magicians Birthday although it's funny but I have noticed maybe the last ten years or even fifteen years it's become a rare cd to find in record store rakes for some reason even though the 1970s and 1980s studio album/cds are still fairly easy to find.

"Friday night in Birmingham..."

RB

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    joe likes this.