New Song - I want to know what y'all think

JR Grace

Reaction score
I've had the honor of meeting Billy Joe Shaver, Willie Nelson, Townes Van Zandt, Kris Kristofferson, the Stones, and many more of our heroes throughout my life. In my retirement, I've taken to songwriting, without the delusion that I'll ever make a buck doing it. Here's one that y'all might appreciate about my friend, Billy Joe Shaver. There are lots of candid pics of Billy Joe from the last time he visited my farm. It's one of my first attempts at creating the music that I love. Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks for your time,
JR

Walden

Reaction score
Beutiful song, Jr, great homage.
Last saturday, John Hurlbut sang "Live Forever" by Billy Joe, at the Fur Peace Ranch with Jorma Kaukonen. Wonderful!!!

Last edited:

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
It's a great song!

I think most people don't imagine the amount of time spend to create a song... You mumble on your guitar and find a chord progression you enjoy, you keep playing it till it becomes a song, you add lyrics, sometimes it pops out of your mind, it literally flows, sometimes you struggle but enjoy so much this instrumental of yours that you try to figure out what to say on it.
After this you need to record it... The money spent on instruments, recording gears, etc.
Keep creating as much as you can! It's a beautiful song :)

You can put your songs for free on Bandcamp and allow people to give you money to get a bit of recognition... Just sayin'... So far I didn't sell that much on Bandcamp, but I had to cancel my 2020 tour because of this f#%!?@$ pandemic lol

I'm planning to press a second album. My aim is not to be famous or rich, but I'd love to be able to travel thanks to music. Getting recognition for your work is also pleasant.

Keep rockin' JR Grace!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online