New Rolling Stones single/video "Living In A Ghost Town"

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The Rolling Stones have announced a new single, Living In A Ghost Town.

The song was finished in isolation in Los Angeles and London, and is the band's first release of original material since 2012, when Doom And Gloom and One More Shot were included on the compilation album GRRR!

Living In A Ghost Town, a relaxed piece of reggae-infused rock, is available on streaming platforms now, while a premiered this evening on YouTube at 7pm GMT.

"So the Stones were in the studio recording some new material before the lockdown and there was one song we thought would resonate through the times that we’re living in right now," says Mick Jagger. "We’ve worked on it in isolation. And here it is – I hope you like it."

Keith Richards adds, "So, let's cut a long story short. We cut this track well over a year ago in L.A. for part of a new album, an ongoing thing, and then shit hit the fan Mick and I decided this one really needed to go to work right now and so here you have it. Stay safe!”

Drummer Charlie Watts says, "I enjoyed working on this track. I think it captures a mood and I hope people who listen to it will agree," while guitarist Ronnie Wood remarks, "Thanks so much for all your messages these past few weeks, it means so much to us that you enjoy the music. So we have a brand new track for you, we hope you enjoy it. It has a haunting melody."

Living In A Ghost Town is also available in limited 10" orange and purple vinyl editions, which will be released on June 26, and a CD, due on May 29.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Don Was is back at the button pushing i see -
Rolling Stones - Living In A Ghost Town.

Got a nice 'No Use In Crying' feel about it- and right on the button with the title.
Hopefully a full studio album follows...otherwise like Forty Licks this will be tacked on the end of another compilation.

E-Z

Reaction score
I like the yellow disc nice.

The greatest rock & roll band in the world!!.

I have a feeling 'the stones' will still be around when I'm dead and gone and I'm 10-15 years younger than Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ronnie dudes.

E-Z

Reaction score
Bet Mick & Keith wouldn't release C**k Sucker Blues, or would they??. :p

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online