New Paul Rodgers touring band

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Paul Rodgers Announces Touring Band

Paul Rodgers will be joined by drummer Jaosn Bonham on his upcoming UK tour.

Also in the band are guitarist Howard Leese and bassist Lynn Sorenson. There will also be some surprise guests. One of these guests (obviously not a surprise anymore!) is Joe Perry, who’ll join the celebrated singer in London.

Rodgers intends the set to span his career, and will include a batch of Free songs.

Supported by the Down ’N’ Outz, the dates are here.

Fever

Reaction score
Sounds good.I saw Bad Company a couple of years ago and Leese and Sorenson were part of the band.

I saw Rodgers 15 years ago or so solo and Neil Schon was in his band.They opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
And on backing vocals, Mr. Brian Howe!

:oyea:

Just kidding, but then again there was no guarantees this thread was still going to be active on April 1st! heh heh.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Great news .. I got my ticket a couple of months back for Sheffield City Hall. Looking forward to this one.

River Dog

Banned
Reaction score
For actually using the "Bad Company" name when promoting shows with his solo band? (Which he did for a long time)

Yes, he does.

I sent a letter to his management basically telling them how pathetic Howe was for riding the coattails of a band that he was FIRED from (but he will tell you that he quit) and using the band name to promote his career.

Any marketing/promotion with Howe isn't just Brian Howe - it's Former Bad Company Singer Brian Howe. The Former part is always included. Just check his website.

Their management responded to me saying that Howe's version of Bad Company is more popular than Rodgers and that more people go to see Brian Howe now than they do Paul Rodgers.

I had to laugh.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I sent a letter to his management basically telling them how pathetic Howe was for riding the coattails of a band that he was FIRED from (but he will tell you that he quit) and using the band name to promote his career.

Any marketing/promotion with Howe isn't just Brian Howe - it's Former Bad Company Singer Brian Howe. The Former part is always included. Just check his website.

Their management responded to me saying that Howe's version of Bad Company is more popular than Rodgers and that more people go to see Brian Howe now than they do Paul Rodgers.

I had to laugh.

I've seen his web site before. A few years back, he was keeping a daily journal on his web page. Maybe it is still there, but for a little while he was posting journal entries slamming one of the original Bad Company members (not Rodgers). Pretty sure it was Simon Kirke.

It got so bad that Kirke started posting responses to these comments on his own web site.

All of it had to do with the "Former Bad Company singer Brian Howe" thing.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
With Howard Leese and Jason Bonham, it should be a good, solid lineup.

Is he promoting anything in particular?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online