New Paul McCartney album and Wings Over America deluxe in 2012

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New Paul McCartney album and Wings Over America deluxe in 2013

ultimateclassicrock.com

Paul McCartney will continue to be an active presence on the scene in 2013, according to his manager, Scott Rodger of Quest Management. In a new interview with TWiMusic, Rodger outlined the plans for both McCartney’s ongoing reissue project and his current work.

The next McCartney album to be reissued will be ‘Wings Over America,’ the 1976 triple live album that documented Wings’ only tour of America, and the first time McCartney had toured America since the Beatles‘ final performance at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park on August 29, 1966.

In addition, ‘Rockshow,’ a concert film from that tour, will be released on DVD for the first time. Previous versions for home consumption, video and laserdisc, had songs removed for time purposes, but the DVD will contain all 30 songs that were featured in the theatrical release.

The former Beatle is also currently recording a new album with a projected release date some time in the first quarter of 2013. No further details or titles were given.

In the interview, Rodger discusses his history with the former Beatle, McCartney’s extraordinary work ethic and how the reissue projects go from concept to product, which includes an ongoing process of digitizing McCartney’s vast archives. Rodger says that, for two years, ten people have been working full-time scanning and retouching the more than one million photographs in his collection.

Paul-McCartney-Dan-Kitwood.jpg

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Wings Over America is a very good live album, I never owned a copy and still don't. I wonder if Paul will release a deluxe Vinyl edition, I listened to the CD version and it's not as good as the old wax edition.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's true Astrid...if I see a good used vinyl copy in my local shops I'll pick it up, when this monster came out it was the first time I had ever seen a 3 record set released by anyone.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Good news about "Rockshow" being released on DVD. It would be even better if it was on Blu-ray with lossless audio. I've enjoyed watching the laserdisc release though I wasn't aware at the time that it was an abbreviated version.

"Wings Over America" was previously released on a two disc set way back and I never picked it up. I had the U.S. version at one time on LP but traded it in [silly me!]. If it is re-released on vinyl I will hold off on scoring a used copy. I do hope it comes with the poster like the original version.

Both will be on my list... Thanks for the news 70's.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I've got "Rockshow" on DVD. It's a Russian (I think) import that has the DVD and the "Wings At The Speed Of Sound" CD. The soundtrack for the DVD sounds a lot better than the CD of "Wings Over America" that I have. It's cool that there will be 30 songs on the DVD (mine has 23). Now if they could only put the complete "Last Waltz" concert on Blu Ray.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
OH man!!! Wings Over America is next for the remasters?? :grinthumb

BUT ROCKSHOW on DVD !!!! There ya go!! :pullhair: :woot:

Got it on VHS and I've been waiting for this. The few clips on the McCartney Years DVD was pretty lame. I mean, why bother???

New Macca CD in 2013 is kick ass news too!! Can't wait for all this.

The last two cool Beatle Buys for me were McCartney's RAM remastered, which kicks booty, and Yellow Submarine on Blu Ray for the first time.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I always have had a soft spot for "Yellow Submarine" both the record and the film. I have the regular DVD, and my AV receiver "upgrades" all video signals to 1080p so I'm not sure I need the Blu Ray of that one.

If I can't get a good vinyl copy of "Wings over America", then I will look at the DVD's he's got out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online