New/old Led Zeppelin music on the way.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In Through The Out Door was the last 'good' Zeppelin album. The use of synthesizers was a big deal back in the day, took a lot of people a while to warm up to that record...but it's a masterpiece compared to the limp Coda. Credit to Jimmy for throwing the bits and bobs together to make an album of any kind, but it will never be one of their best. It's a matter of time for me, the time I have left I will listen to the music I love the most, and leave the mediocre stuff on the shelves. And of course my opinions vary from other folks, nothing wrong with that either.

Think I'll play II a little later in fact.:D
Likewise with ITTOD. I actually really love their final album.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Can't say I'd be too excited for "Coda II"....
A couple of songs on Coda are better than most albums by other folks. And JPJ singing? C'mon! He has such impeccable taste that has to be something worth hearing.

I say bring it on!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still not worth buying another set of remastered albums though.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Still not worth buying another set of remastered albums though.
If there was anything else coming out I was even remotely interested in I might agree, but the last few samples of 'new material' by Zeppelin have been the coolest stuff I've heard in a long time.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Zep from different place...

Update:

Per John Davis who was given charge of re-mastering the catalog the source used were Jimmy's original mix-down tapes, which have never been used for mastering before. He also said they're having the press in on Feb. 20 to do a press day discussing the albums.

Last edited:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Update:

Per John Davis who was given charge of re-mastering the catalog the source used were Jimmy's original mix-down tapes, which have never been used for mastering before. He also said they're having the press in on Feb. 20 to do a press day discussing the albums.

Yeah, this is intriguing. Color me interested.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Members online

No members online now.