New bands that classic rock fans would like...

Tommy Walker

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but are there any? I try to keep an open mind, so I've heard most of them, and they all leave me with a lackluster feeling. The Black Crowes appear to be the last band who really "got it" and made real rock and roll. And Tom Petty isn't getting any younger either. Is anyone today channeling The Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc.? It doesn't appear so...any direction?

Last edited:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
There are a lot of new bands that I am sure classic rock fans would like. Just depends on what genres you're trying to focus on. When it comes to Prog, I recommend Myrath, Harmony, Black Noodle Project, and Becoming The Archetype.

As for any other genre, you just have to be open minded, that's all I can really say. Not every band is going to have that classic rock sound, because quite frankly...it doesn't have to. There are a lot of talented bands that have started in the last 10 years that I would easily consider to be better than a lot of the classic rock bands that i've heard. Not saying the bands you listed are bad, but they certainly aren't the best.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chickenfoot & Black Country Communion!

But they aren't really new,they are classic rockers who formed new groups with the classic sound.....

as for new bands......we're f***ed when bands like Stones,Aerosmith,Deep Purple etc retire or die. :uh:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
From 2000

From 2009

Rock and roll ain't dead yet, it's just badly promoted. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Wolfmother and Black Stone Cherry are two that come to mind, they both have an old style rock feel to their music.

I keep an open mind, there are literally 100's of European bands I've found over the last few years that put out some great hard rock and metal albums.

And old Wolf is bringing me up to speed on some of the more obscure American metal bands that he likes.

Plenty of great new music out there TW, just a matter of taking the time to give it a chance.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
North Mississippi Allstars is blues-rock with the style of The Black Crowes and heavy influence from the Rolling Stones and the Allman Brothers.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
These guys sound good.....keeping a good traditional rock music sound . Me and Sweaty are off to see them "live" very soon !! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jester143

Members online