New bands that classic rock fans would like...

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Here's some songs that I think a lot of people will enjoy:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Graveyard, despite having a bad name, are a seventies sounding band from Sweden.

The Quill are another Swedish band and they sound like a cross between Soundgarden and Black Sabbath. Their best album is Hooray! It's a Death Trip (ignore the silly name).

missingnocchi

Reaction score
The White Stripes, perhaps?

(Though they did break up last year...)

Last edited:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Black Mountain / Wilderness Heart

black-mountain-wilderness-heart-cover-art.jpg

LordJohn

Reaction score
How "new" are we talking? Do you mean brand new bands who have just started or just anything from the "modern era" (90's and 2000's, I guess)

My reccomendations-
Radiohead's early albums, mainly The Bends(has a very 60's feel to it, although it's a bit heavier since it was from the grunge era) and Ok Computer (regularly gets compared to Pink Floyd and Sgt. Pepper era Beatles)

Blur's "trilogy" of albums from 93-95 have a very classic British feel to them, much like The Kinks in the late 60's

Arcade Fire has a wide array of influences; people like The Beatles and Beach Boys as well as "classic" U2 and REM

Beck's Sea Change album is quite different from his other work and has a very country/folk rock tone

There were tons of new bands in the 2000's that drew from late 70's post-punk/new wave bands. The Strokes, The White Stripes, The Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to name a few

Don't know if that was what you were looking for, but there you go.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jester143

Members online

No members online now.