New bands that classic rock fans would like...

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I actually really like The Resistance, but do admit if I put Muse albums in order of preference it would come last on my list. I don't think they, by any means, are losing their edge (as I heard some people say after The Resistance was released) - with Matthew being a classically trained pianist and his love for epic and experimental an album like this was bound to happen at some point.
Jen I think you're right, sometimes the order in which you hear a band's albums figures into the equation. I didn't realise Black Holes was your favourite - snap!!

Yeah Tray, I appreciated the bits and pieces of classical music he put into that album, and Exogenisis Symphony was brilliant IMO. The whole album was one smooth ride, but I can see how the more devout fans who've followed the band from day one couldn't hop on board with it. Look at more rock-centered works like Black Holes... the only song on TR that was anything like that was Resistance, hence the most popular tune on the album. I have nothing but high hopes for their new one. Matthew seems like a smart dude and dedicated to his craft. If the fans didn't respond well to the last album he seems apt to change it up this time to benefit the band. Something I wish Coldplay would do actually. They need to return back to their roots, and what made their first two albums such immense successes.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
My boss usually listens to classic rock (pre-80s, usually early 70s and earlier) but he enjoys foster the people... so thats something :xc5yxbtw.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Everyone seems to dislike The Resistance. I quite liked it, loved it actually. Then again I believe in some cases the order in which you buy a band's albums does factor in and that was the first of theirs I checked out. Black Holes and Revelations was the best though.

Well I'm one of those souls who don't like "The Resistance" either. My favorite Muse album is "Origin of Symmetry". I love all of the distortion and feedback and overdriven playing on that album and it is completely absent on their latest album. "The Resistance" isn't even have the shades of dark that I love in their music. I don't like to use the word but "poppy" comes to mind.

On to the actually thread though....

Stonefield

Some young, badass rock and roll ladies who not only sound like they fit in with the classic rock crowd but their look works too.

The Grand Magnolias

Very early Rod Stewart sounding in style choices as well as in singer Paul McDonald's voice.

John Wanye Bro

Some really dirtying blues that is sounds akin to Captain Beefheart and certain Tom Waits songs.

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Grace Potter is one of the most rocking women I've heard in a long time. She's ruthless and gritty and pretty and just all around great for the old school sound in a modern world.

And of course....

The Darkness

AC/DC meets Van Halen meets Queen. That's a recipe made up of classic rock royalty.

Flak

Reaction score
Why do older musicians just keep playing their old songs on the classic circuits. Did they stop being creative? WTF?

Flak

Reaction score
If actual 70's rockers were still making new tunes, they'd sound like these guys!... check out Man Up. Ricky Phillips from Styx is playing bass on this album.
THIS IS NEW ROCK!

500x500-Man_Up_cd_cover_sm2.jpg

Last edited:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Man, that Spiders cut, Gracious Man is giving me fits!!

The guitar sound reminds me of someone else. It's right there on the edge. I can hear some of the guitar solo, but can't quite get it.

DAMN!!!! This is gonna bug me until I figure it out.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online