New Administrators!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see a lot of intelligent comments since last night in here.

Craig there will be a Classical section coming soon, you Know it's one of my favorites, and the folk section as well.

I agree with Gearjammer, it isn't a big deal to place a band depending on what you are specifically referring to. Look at Jethro Tull, formed in 69, as a Blues rock band, then they became a progressive rock band up to the mid 70's, then the 3 folk rock albums, then his electronic phase, then back to rock and finally world music now. Where would I place them,,,in the 70's, that is when they recorded their best albums, but you could post them in the progressive section, his acoustic solo albums in the Folk section(when it's added), and the latest works in the 2000 section.

There is nothing we can't figure out, and come to a logical placement for any group or album.:D

And thanks Craig, Alocer for the compliments.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does it really matter though?

I think sometimes people worry too much about where a particular subject is posted. As a rule of thumb, I browse all areas with fresh posts, because you never know what is there that might be of interest. And it saves on a lot of unneccesary policing of threads.

I have to agree with you. I try to look in Wiki for when a particular band released its first album, and post in the correct year for the band....But if the material I am posting is PRE band, then I post in the year the material is composed. And If i am initializing a thread on an ALBUM, I place the thread in the Year of the album.........

You guys have to keep in mind this is a work of art in progress, and we will make changes that try to make things less confusing.

F

FoxyPage

Not sure if I am just blind (it's a strong possibility) but will there be any added skins? I actually enjoy this default, just wondering if any new ones might be added in the future incase I ever get bored of this one, lol.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, yes there is a good chance I will be getting a new skin in the future. For now, I do like this one and will stick with it for another few months for sure.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like this skin,,,if I don't get my Custom wood grain log cabin skin added :D, then I will stick with this one, easy on the eyes and looks good too.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think this site is awesome and I wasn't aware of how good it was. It looks great...Cool people...great variety!

It looks like you may do this already but my suggestion would be to always "re-start" the "What are you listeing to" thread...as alot of titles or obvious titles will always be repeated...and as an active thread, restarting it would be more enjoyable to read everyday...

Otherwise this place is perfect...let's get more people!! :cheers:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think this site is awesome and I wasn't aware of how good it was. It looks great...Cool people...great variety!

It looks like you may do this already but my suggestion would be to always "re-start" the "What are you listeing to" thread...as alot of titles or obvious titles will always be repeated...and as an active thread, restarting it would be more enjoyable to read everyday...

I like your enthusiasm MP! Getting new people is always great! We've been acquiring a decent amount and it seems like the administration crew always seems to have great new ideas on getting more! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing the old one is enormous now. Maybe close and archive the old one once a week or once a month, we'll talk it over MP.

And thanks you have made quite an impression yourself, a few more posters like you and I can go into semi-retirement.:heheh:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

You just now found this forum? Your name sounds familiar, haven't we met before LOL :D

BTW - how did you manage 200 posts in just 4 days?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online