New Administrators!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Alot of you already know me, I am Magic!!! really :)

I have some exciting changes coming up for the forum, so keep your eyes open for some things to look a bit different in a few days!

I am open for any suggestions for things you would like to see change, and what you want them to change to. Or anything you think needs to be added to the forum.

This forum is here for you to enjoy, and what better way to make the place your own than to tell me what you want!!!

I will be updating the smilie list soon! And making categories of different and fun smilies. Just thought I would let y'all know :)

OH, LG is an admin too, but I will let him introduce himself to you.

I look forward to interacting with everyone in the threads, and I promise to do my best to make the forum grow and be one of the funnest and informative Classic Rock hangouts!

Magic

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Alot of you already know me, I am Magic!!! really :)

I have some exciting changes coming up for the forum, so keep your eyes open for some things to look a bit different in a few days!

I am open for any suggestions for things you would like to see change, and what you want them to change to. Or anything you think needs to be added to the forum.

This forum is here for you to enjoy, and what better way to make the place your own than to tell me what you want!!!

I will be updating the smilie list soon! And making categories of different and fun smilies. Just thought I would let y'all know :)

OH, LG is an admin too, but I will let him introduce himself to you.

I look forward to interacting with everyone in the threads, and I promise to do my best to make the forum grow and be one of the funnest and informative Classic Rock hangouts!

Magic

That's awesome Magic! You and LG are the perfect formula for enhancing any forum! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see "Snoop" has already got a jump on things as usual...lol. I don't have much to add to what she said other than it should be fun to help make CRF even better than it is now. As she said if you have any suggestions please share them with us, we are always open to new ideas. I haven't been very active the last while, been taking a hiatus from my online activities, but you will start to see more of LG popping up all over the place soon.:D

Thanks Bry for the compliment.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
You guys are the best! I was a member of the original Classic Rock Forums that Dwight set up since October 2002 and know Brian/Shaggy from there ... When Dwight closed the forum and others took over .. a new forum was opened that I've now left due to some issues that I don't need to post ..

I found this place several years ago but it was so quiet .. I would only come by from time to time and I never posted. I'm here now and love the warmth of this place and will do my best to help in any way that I can.

Magic said:

Coolies!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks Flower, I have already enjoyed your company in here. Compared to the last project Magic and I undertook this place is in far better condition, with more active members so it should be fun to watch it grow over the next few months.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Magic:

Cool! But what have you and Lord Grendel done with the previous mods and administrators? Have they been put out to pasture?

Here are some suggestions:

1. I agree that we need more smileys. One in particular is a question smiley. The wtf smiley is too "hostile" to be used in all cases.

2. More poll options. I can use forty for some of the polls I envisage.

3. It would be interesting to see a little table on the front page showing the total number of posts the previous days and the five to ten most active posters from the previous day.

4. I'd also like to see <MARQUEE> tags enabled.

:****:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hepcat we have not done "Anything" to any of the previous moderators, and Shaggy who is the owner of CRF was the only Admin here.

I am not sure about the number of Poll options, I have seen up to 20 in another forum, but 10 always seemed enough for me. She'll let you know about that.

The smilies, again she has tons of them and will add them soon, I have never used the "WTF" smilie and kind of agree, but that is up to Shaggy seeing he probably added it.

The third one, that would be a nice addition in the future, when we have a larger pool of regular posters, it takes time to build up a forum.

Not sure what you mean by <Marquee> tags...?

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I thought Midnight Rider and TeleCat were moderators.

I know of one other rock forum that has forty options for polls.

Whatever is inside <MARQUEE></MARQUEE> would move across the page!

:****:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Midnight and Telecat are still moderators as far as I know. Like I said we just joined the staff last night and have not made any changes yet, and have no plans to make any staff changes yet, except maybe add one of our friends to the team, he is a great asset to any forum and is excited about CRF as well.

I am not sure I see the need for 40 options in a poll,,,most people wouldn't take the time to read them all, but we'll look into it.

Okay the <Marquee> tag sounds like a good idea, I haven't seen it before myself but Magic knows how to add those features.

First thing you will see is a remodeling of the forum, to streamline things a little, and All of the Poll's vs Threads are going in their own section soon, that is one of the first orders of business.

And you can call me LG Hepcat, I used Lord Grendel so people would know I'm a guy...not out of any delusions of grandeur.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online