Nazareth (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Demo version

and finally by Billy Rankin, member of Nazareth in the early 80s and early 90s.

front.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
So three and a half out of 6 band members of a new cover project had a discussion on covers we might want to do and so I put out Hair of the Dog. Two others (one didn't post anything, but talked with other), brought out couple of pop-punk tracks, and another two classics, Kansas "Carry~" and BOC's "Don't Fear The Reaper". I am hoping that we all will agree on Nazareth (as well as our tutor on using phrase "son of a bitch") and if so, I am willing to sort of re-create this live version using distorted bass instead of talk-box.

Wish me some luck, I need it now! :D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Storm Warning

Demo recorded in 1972-73. Contains guitar parts, which were later used in Sold My Soul. Great track.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Probably the best track from the Exercises era.
:bow:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveB

Member. 50+
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'll have unsubscribe from this thread...some of this stuff isn't the Nazareth I knew. Good luck, all.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
This,Exercises, the only 70's LP I don't have on either Vinyl or CD or both. In fact I haven't even heard any of it. I'll have to listen to it later.

To be honest - some songs are good on this album, the first version of Woke Up This Morning, Called Her Name and Fool About You, but if I had to pick the worst Naz album it would be Exercises. At the time they experimented with folk and acoustic sound, which I don't enjoy that much.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I like a bit of folk, the more traditional Celtic and other European styles, mixed into rock, when done well. I also like some of the American Bluegrass-ish type of folk, forget what it's called at the moment...so I may like this as a one off.

TBH, I hate their poppy stuff from the 80's ( as I'm quite sure you are aware of by now :heheh:) so I may like it much better then that era.

I'll have to DL and give it an ear.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online