Nazareth (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Nazareth

Silver Dollar Forger

My plan is to make a cover of this song on heavily distorted bass. Mmm... stoner Naz? :D

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I've been on a major Nazz kick lately. I have all of their 70's albums on vinyl but about a week ago I bought a cd by them, The Very Best Of Nazareth (2001, Remastered) it has alot of the single versions of the classics and some songs from the 80's and 90's, which are OK, not bad but not phenominal. Anyway, I decided to make a disc from my iTunes library which I put the rest of the "hits" (like Beggars Day, Alcatrazz, Go Down Fightin', etc...) that arent on the best of and a bunch of other killer tunes, all from about '73 to '78, their last great album IMO. So I've been rockin' out and havin' fun listening to killer Nazareth in my car lately.

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
11 pages for a Naz thread? Whodathunkit? So glad though, as these boys have always kind of been unfairly regarded as third tier bonehead rock. Nothing could be further from the truth. While I admit that Naz have never been masters of "the hook" at least on a consistent basis, they have nonetheless crafted a ton of sleepers that have great staying power. I love mostly everything from '71 to '80 & "Move Me" kicks all kinds of serious booty. Check out this cool new cut that sounds like a chip off the old "Please Don't Judas Me" block.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

This track to be honest is my least favourite from this album. These guys can still rock and would be great, if they keep rocking instead of making some calm and soft tunes.

Anyway, since I can finally listen to 7" singles I gave a listen to never-heard-before Morning Dew single, squeezed to 3:08. The beginning sounds really interesting, but the end bit is kinda weird.

Don't know what Warner Bros were thinking about... :rolleyes:

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
This track to be honest is my least favourite from this album. These guys can still rock and would be great, if they keep rocking instead of making some calm and soft tunes.

Anyway, since I can finally listen to 7" singles I gave a listen to never-heard-before Morning Dew single, squeezed to 3:08. The beginning sounds really interesting, but the end bit is kinda weird.

Don't know what Warner Bros were thinking about... :rolleyes:

Ah well you know what they say, 'different strokes' :) That track has a lot of atmosphere, to these ears, which is something not commonly found on a Naz album. That's why I dig it so much.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
These guys can still rock and would be great, if they keep rocking instead of making some calm and soft tunes.

The thing about their strange soft rock songs that I like is that you get to hear a different style to Dan's voice.. He does great Ballads in my book..Plus he's getting older and singing songs like Razmanaz are pushing his voice a bit and I guess those type of songs are a thing of the past..
Nazareth should stay away from doing covers like this..:wtf:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online