My Top Picks of 2014

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YTIpLBnkPjU

4bbbe12000a6d00ebb1bfd8a20dbb19f.jpg

nachtmystium-blake-judd.jpg

NACHTMYSTIUM - THE WORLD WE LEFT BEHIND ....

Blake Judd may be one of the metal undergrounds most disliked individuals
Due to his well documented tendency to rip off fans & friends a like. His descent into
his own personal herion and cocaine induced hell are clearly evident in his torment and anger
filled sonic work. The World We Left Behind seems to be Blakes assertion that he has forever left
left his ****** fueled hades in the past...but once a junkie....

This plater could be described as a musical stew of Black Metal, Post Punk, Prog Metal and plain old rock and roll.

I always hear a bit of Pink Floyd shining through throught out NACHTMYSTIUMs later work. This particular release is something of a cross between Silencing Machine and Black Mettle I & II. Gloomy depressing and completely interesting and enjoyable to these ears. .....all is forgiven

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Blake Judd may be one of the metal undergrounds most disliked individuals
Due to his well documented tendency to rip off fans & friends a like.

It's getting more and more difficult for me to separate the music from the man behind it. I don't care about his personal demons and drug issues, it's his life, but when he starts ripping off fans, I draw the line.

I used to love the band! "Assassins: Black Meddle Pt. I" was damn near a masterpiece and generally the back catalogue is excellent, but I stopped supporting the band after "Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II" which felt like a letdown after part I. I did listen to "Silencing Machine", but by then it was too late and musically it really didn't do much for me either.

Vader

Reaction score
It's getting more and more difficult for me to separate the music from the man behind it. I don't care about his personal demons and drug issues, it's his life, but when he starts ripping off fans, I draw the line.

I used to love the band! "Assassins: Black Meddle Pt. I" was damn near a masterpiece and generally the back catalogue is excellent, but I stopped supporting the band after "Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II" which felt like a letdown after part I. I did listen to "Silencing Machine", but by then it was too late and musically it really didn't do much for me either.

I love pretty much the entire discography. Really like Addicts as well as Machine. Judds life is his own mess all I care about Is his art ( which I love ) at this point. Don't get me wrong...I wont be buying anything directly from him lol

I never really care how much of an asshole an artist is. I either like their work or I don't. Their personality is not what matters to me.when they start putting out music I can't get behind is when I jump ship.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Judd's mess shouldn't take sales away from the other band members who made the music unless he was ripping them off too. I will check out the new album myself because I did enjoy their last one.

Vader

Reaction score
I already loved the music before I found out what a thieving dopefiend Judd is.
TBH, a lot of great artists are pretty screwed up people so it would take a bit more then just stealing
money to support your drug habit to turn me away from music I really dig...and Nachtmystium
is unique and awesome IMO.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Silencing Machine was a great album. Curious to what this one will be like when I hear it.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I never really care how much of an asshole an artist is. I either like their work or I don't. Their personality is not what matters to me.when they start putting out music I can't get behind is when I jump ship.

In most cases I agree with that. I listen to bands like Burzum and many other bands with dubious personalities and it does not bother me one bit. However, as I said above, when it comes to a person who rips off fans who paid their hard-earned money to support the person and his band, I draw the line.

Judd's mess shouldn't take sales away from the other band members who made the music unless he was ripping them off too.

In some situations, I'd agree with that, but in this case, I disagree! Judd's behaviour has been well known for some years now, it's not news to anyone, so anyone who chooses to play with him or continue to play with him, knows exactly what kind of a person he is and do not deserve one cent more than he does.

I have to add that I am not judging you two, or anyone else who do continue to buy Nachtmystium albums.

Vader

Reaction score
@Sharp Dressed Man Yeah, I get that. Like Riff said somewhere else if he were a child *****/ molester or something like that ( MJ )
I would definitely not listen to his music.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some albums in here I need to hear. I like to talk mostly metal related albums in my thread in the rock lounge too but some stuff here may shake up my end of year list.
Good stuff Vader. :) Getting me into metal I was oblivious to.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray