My Favourite 100 Albums

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Can you figure them all out?

That's too daunting a task all at once. I'd suggest doing them one row at a time. That would be manageable.

The only albums I don't recognize in the top row are #4, 7 and 8.

1. Odessey and Oracle - Zombies

2. Abbey Road - Beatles

3. Beautiful Freak - Eels

5. White Album - Beatles (Heeeee, heeeee. Wait until Foxhound sees that!)

6. O.K. Computer - Radiohead

9. Something Else - Kinks

10. Forever Changes - Love

:****:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Zombeels:

...I'm posting a picture of my top 100 albums.

It's tough for me to take any list with the Beatles White Album at number four very seriously. It's an album full of middle-of-the-road camp right down there with the Batman TV show as a cultural artifact from the sixties. Just seeing the album cover causes me to reach immediately for my copy of "Beatles '65" for auditory relief.

Also sorry about the adult links that keep popping up.

No need to apologize. A live chat with that nice Filipina lady was exactly what I needed to sooth my nerves after spotting the Beatles White album so high on your list. I've been too afraid to look down any further on your list since then. I mean if I see any albums by Yes, ELO or Van Halen (shudder) down there on your list, I'm not even sure those Filipinas will be relief enough.

:eek:

Zombeels

Reaction score
Zombeels:

It's tough for me to take any list with the Beatles White Album at number four very seriously. It's an album full of middle-of-the-road camp right down there with the Batman TV show as a cultural artifact from the sixties. Just seeing the album cover causes me to reach immediately for my copy of "Beatles '65" for auditory relief.
A good friend of mine has also done his top 100 albums and his #1 album is the White Album. I'll match the white album any day against any Beatles album before Revolver.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Zombeels:

I'll match the white album any day against any Beatles album before Revolver.

We'll just have to ask Troggy to resolve the question once and for all.

Incidentally, I was bold enough to take another peak at your list - until I spotted "Ram" by Paul McCartney & Wings in the number 20 slot. I was so shaken I had to play "Surfin' Bird", "Psychotic Reaction", "Nobody but Me", "Shakin' All Over" and "96 Tears" back to back to settle myself down.

:heheh:

Zombeels

Reaction score
Zombeels:

I think if you were to combine all the top album lists the White Album would come out above all Beatle albums combined pre-Revolver.
Incidentally, I was bold enough to take another peak at your list - until I spotted "Ram" by Paul McCartney & Wings in the number 20 slot. I was so shaken I had to play "Surfin' Bird", "Psychotic Reaction", "Nobody but Me", "Shakin' All Over" and "96 Tears" back to back to settle myself down.
You don't like Ram either. Clean the wax out of your big ol' ears.

troggy

aka Billy Bubba
Reaction score
Zombeels:

Doubt that I can resolve anything. Not a big White Album guy, tho I have to admit it's been years since I even attempted to listen to it. I currently don't own a copy of it in any form and probably won't ever again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online