Musical disapointment of 2014?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What albums/cd has let you down in 2014?

Damn I was expecting much better!!

I have 2 this year....

Bob Seger "Ride Out" just didn't do anything for me and of course Pink Floyd "Endless River" was just ambient music...no thanks!

ride-out-standard1.jpg

image002__3_.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've only heard a couple of tracks from Seger's album. Didn't do much for me. That first track that they've been playing on the radio, the first 2 times I heard it I wasn't even sure it was Seger. Sounded like someone from a late 80's band trying to sound like Bob Seger. (if you get what I mean by that).

Endless River is endlessly meh. Like you said, ambient music. Nothing bad but nothing that makes me want to listen to it more than once.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "musical" disapointment because Lord knows I wasn't expecting much, but Jennifer Lopez's "Bootylicious" song was the single worst piece of "music" I've ever heard. I wanted to check out the video (for obvious reasons) but the song was so awful that I had to shut it off. The video would work if someone removed that song and replaced it with "Tush" or "Shake Your Booty" or even "Baby's Got Back". I mean, at least try to make something that's listenable.

Last edited:

Khor1255

Reaction score
Pro tip: With Maraih, Lopez, etc etc the trick is to watch the video with the sound off and hope the twerking doesn't ruin even the visual aspect.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Pro tip: With Maraih, Lopez, etc etc the trick is to watch the video with the sound off and hope the twerking doesn't ruin even the visual aspect.
:gig:gig

No disappointments for me. Just happiness that established acts like Springsteen, Judas Priest and AC/DC, along with pretenders Blackberry Smoke, Rival Sons and The Cadillac Three are putting their stuff out there. With regard to the Floyd album I would say it is strictly for Floyd fanatics (of which I am one). They are the only ones who would 'get it'.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new In Flames album. **** that album was watered down weak garbage.

the ferret

Reaction score
Biggest musical disappointment of the year for me was a live performance: The Temperance Movement.

Their album was excellent but live they were really poor. No subtlety, no substance, just a Mick Jagger impression that was so bad even Bobby Davro would disown it & dreary rawk n rawl posturing. Utter rubbish, sadly.

mrJim

Reaction score
U2 - Songs of Innocence

Musically its basically average at best. All the other garbage and arrogance that came along it just makes it disappointingly bad.

Last edited:

Aero

Reaction score
How about...everything.

Honestly, I don't remember hearing one song this year that really captured my attention.

Migmagnific

Reaction score
What about the AC/DC - Rock or Burst Album?
To be honest I was expecting a more explosive album.
Don't get me wrong, I like the songs, they just don't have that power.
...probably because they are too old already lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online