Music Confession!

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
My music confession! I love listening to Lady Gaga! and when I was younger, I loved Nikki Websters song "Strawberry Kisses" and would dance to it. She was some kid that sang for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Sooo Sadd...have a listen!

ANF

Reaction score
I have several Donna Summer and Amanda Lear LPs including these two:

8b16793509a02f5bd4d52110.L.jpg

Donna is actually very underrated in her and Moroder's importance to electronic music. She became a generic r&b/pop artist after they parted ways in the early 80's but even critics who hated disco had to at least credit albums like Once Upon A Time and Bad Girls for the production values and the eclectedness compared to other disco albums. I have no shame at all in admitting I have their work together and consider it some of the finest electronic music ever made.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah and can you believe he kept playing Roger Whittaker on our honeymoon :pullhair: Made me wonder if I'd made a wrong decision saying "I do" :oyea:

:heheh: that's funny. :lmao:

Note to self: buy Sox slippers for Christmas.

might I suggest something cool?

snoopy-slippers-blue-clog.jpg

:grinthumb

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Big FAIL, Shoes. :lmao: No problem for me, I'm an equal opportunity music lover. yes, Yes, I CONFESS!! I feel so much better now that I've found a thread in which to do so!

I'm old enough to have grown up with lots of the artists mentioned in this thread...though I haven't been through all the pages. Not that I loved them, or would even listen to them now on a regular basis. But I won't listen to some of the heavy metal stuff either, on a regular basis. Small doses for me at either end of the spectrum. Give me the middle of the road :heheh:

And BS has some vocal chords. Period!!

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Old school as in Sugarhill, RUN DMC and Grandmaster Flash or a little further with NWA, Public Enemy, etc. I still have a great love for the 2Pac, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Warren G. era. :grinthumb

Your tastes are really all over the place, Sooty. Good for you. Some wouldn't admit it ~~~ and while I'm not much for rap or, well, some other things that I hear, I don't mind it at all when I see people dancing to these tunes. "So you think you can dance" - a fantastic dance program and has made me aware that rap, et.al. isn't all that bad! :grinthumb

Ember

Reaction score
I am falling in love with Nicki Minaj! I never thought I'd say I'm a fan of rap. I've liked some hip hop but not the majority. Nicki at least approaches rap in a very musical manner. Her phrasing and intonation are beautiful and her humorous approach makes it work for me.

Her rap parts in this song make me laugh. Great beat, beautiful voice, excellent chorus, and Nicki is super hot! I much prefer her stage getups better than Lady Gaga.
This song and video are great!!!! Love it

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online