Muse (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Muse, the official thread !

That's true for yourself, but there is no way to tell which song a person who is new to a band will like, if they like any at all. I see SBH as an important song to start with because it was the song that has introduced their music to more ears and made them more fans than anything they've written before or since. That alone is important, even if I don't like it :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well that's fair enough I suppose but it's not like they didn't have other hits before it. Songs like "Plug In Baby", "Hysteria", and "Time is Running Out" (among others) were all hits in their own rights too. ;)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I probably would've suggested Supermassive Black Hole as well as a taster, not because it's one of my favourites (it isn't) but because out of all their songs this generally seems the most popular with people who aren't heavily into Muse.

Cosmic, Showbiz is definitely my favourite track off their debut album, and if I had to pick a favourite album it would be Black Holes and Revelations.

Ok here are a few personal favourites that haven't already been mentioned.

For starters my favourite Muse (and favourite by any band/artist!) song:

Plug In Baby

Hysteria

Hyper Music

In Your World

Map of the Problematique

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome

There's so many songs I absolutely love it was hard to choose, but the above are some of my favourites.

Seems like for most of these embedding has been disabled :wa So you'll have to click on 'Watch on YouTube' unfortunately .

Last edited:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Well that's fair enough I suppose but it's not like they didn't have other hits before it. Songs like "Plug In Baby", "Hysteria", and "Time is Running Out" (among others) were all hits in their own rights too. ;)

Oh for sure! They were big in the U.K and they are all good songs, but SBH was the one that took the world by storm. Kings Of Leon were the same, they made a few good albums that gained a fair bit of success, then Sex On Fire was released and I'm sure you know the rest ;)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

:peek Ive just one MUSE album to date [ Showbiz ]........Oh well its a start:grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

James Durbin covered this magnificent piece of music on American Idol. It is so beautiful!!!!

Uprising

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I used to really be into Muse, but I haven't given them a good listen in quite some time, I think it's time to change that :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

James Durbin covered this magnificent piece of music on American Idol. It is so beautiful!!!!
Uprising

I actually hate "Uprising" as a song because it goes nowhere. It has a great chorus but really it shouldn't make up almost the entire song. Plus it builds up to only a lackluster guitar solo before going right back into the chorus....for what, the 27th time? :rolleyes:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I actually hate "Uprising" as a song because it goes nowhere. It has a great chorus but really it shouldn't make up almost the entire song. Plus it builds up to only a lackluster guitar solo before going right back into the chorus....for what, the 27th time? :rolleyes:

Wow, you really are negative today LOL I didn't know that a song had to go somewhere. I just love the beat.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Wow, you really are negative today LOL I didn't know that a song had to go somewhere. I just love the beat.

I was quite irritable from exhaustion last night. :heheh:

If you like it then that's fine. I just think that "Uprising" (as well as most of the album it's off of) are very lackluster compared to the rest of catalog. The music on that song doesn't change enough to keep me interested in it's very repetitive song structure. For me, if all I cared about was the beat then I'd listen to techno music. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Staff online

Members online