Muse (Official Thread)

Kuaizi

Reaction score
ROFL on the Bono - I know Bellamy is influenced by Bono a little, but that was a straight up Bono moment lol!!
I don't know how I feel about the single yet. Parts of it I like and parts of it are kind of boring... hmmmm...

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I was really hoping "Madness" would catch my ear more than it has. I mean, it's definitely better than "Unsustainable" but that still doesn't make it good. I don't think "The 2nd Law" is going to be a very good album but I'm hoping there will at least be a couple tracks on it that are decent. That's all I can say I'm hoping for at this point based on everything I'm hearing so far. :nw:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
New single just unveiled...

I'm very sad to say this does pretty much zero for me, and I don't even see it growing on me. And what does Bono think he's doing hijacking the song after the 4 min mark!!

It was alright, but just alright. Decent beat to it, but a bit boring and the vocals seem generic and dull. I don't think this album will be a huge hit for them. They seem to be going in the same direction as Coldplay and changing up their sound drastically, which is a turnoff for their longtime fans. I didn't like the last single either, the Olympics one. I can't even remember the name of it. :(

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I dunno - these three songs may be a bit off putting at first, but I tell you - at least for me I keep coming back. I love the Survival track after not caring for it the first time - but something drew me back. Same with Madness now. At first I wasn't sure but now I've listened to it at least ten times over the past couple of days and I really like it and keep coming back for more. It kind of reminds me a bit of Queen's "I Want to Break Free" in it's simplistic awesomeness, with some epicness at the end, with a touch of Bono. I dunno - we can complain about it sounding like one of Matthew's influences, but then we should be upset over the Queen and Jeff Buckley influences in a lot of other songs as well - or blatant throwing in classical compositions into songs like in The Resistance. But for me it all works really well and I really like it. Anyways....
I guess I'll be one of the few looking forward to the new album! I'll definitely try and see them live when they come around for the next tour as well - I hear they are insanely good live~

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I seem to be in the minority in that I LOVED The Resistance, but I really just can't get into these two new songs no matter how hard I've tried. I heard the more recent one on the radio today and turned it off. Makes me sad to say things like that because I love this band. Who knows, maybe the rest of the album will be great though.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I'll definitely try and see them live when they come around for the next tour as well - I hear they are insanely good live~

That they are, absolutely blew me away :tup:

Jen, I'm sure there'll be at least a couple of songs on the new album that'll be more up your street :)
Did you hear what Chris Martin wrote about Muse's new single 'Madness' on his Twitter page - "Having been their opening act 13 years ago I'm proud to say that I think this is Muse's best song ever." Obviously sees something in it we don't, but best song ever??? Not in a million years!!!

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Muse featured on the first episode of the new series of Jools Holland's show last night which went out live. They played Madness (which I still really don't like) but also played this funky little number:

Panic Station, Later Live... with Jools Holland - Series 41

First time I'd heard it and, to my ears, it's infinitely better than Madness :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The intro and outro of that song sound a lot like "Another One Bites The Dust" to my ear but that aside this is by leaps and bounds the best thing I've heard from the new Muse album. There may still be hope. :tongue:

Kuaizi

Reaction score
Ooooo another nice track from the new album. Very funktacular! Should be a good album (to me anyways - I actually have grown to like Madness a lot!). Only a few weeks away~

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online