Moxy (Official Thread)

gguerra

Reaction score
Moxy.jpg

Anyone remember this band.. They were quite the item especially here in Texas in the 70's.. I do remember they featured Tommy Bolin on guitar and later I think Mike Reno, the singer from Loverboy

Discography

Moxy (1975)
Moxy II (1976)
Ridin' High (1977)
Under the Lights (1978)
A Tribute to Buzz Shearman (1984)
Best Of: Self-Destruction (1994)
Moxy V (2000)
Raw live (2002)
You Can't Stop The Music (single) (2009)
You Can't Stop The Music...the Buzz Shearman years' (DVD) (2009)

747831.gif

Moon Rider

Train

http://www.myspace.com/officialmoxy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxy_(band)

They kind of remind me of Legs Diamond (Another obscure band from the 70's)

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Moxy

Thank you GGUERRA...for bringing us to the attention of Canadas finest...MOXY !!! i LOVE them especially the first three albums...i thought when MIKE RENO took over on the "under the lights "album they lost a lot of bite. Renos a great vocalist mind you...some of the LOVERBOY stuff was very good. Original vocalist "Buzz"Shearman had a superb voice. sadly he died in 1983 in a motorcycle accident. Tommy Bolin guested on the 1st album as you may know he also played guitar on some live dates with the great DEEP PURPLE. I noticed on your thread on the excellent "moonrider" track a ticket stub with MOXY playing a gig with AC/DC + REX What a gig that sounds!!!

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I've only got Moxy II but that's still pretty cool! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I had two of their vinyl records, but don't have anything right now. Tommy Bolin was in Moxy?...my memory must be going I don't remember that at all.

taha

Reaction score

just got 1 & 2 a few months back,,,,good stuff

gguerra

Reaction score

I just ordered the first album (CD) from ebay. I had a hard time finding it. It seems it is discontinued and available only as a Canadian import.

And as for Tommy Bolin playing on the first album.. I read he was recording next door when Moxy was in the studio for their first album and was so impressed with the band he decided to step in.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

More quality MOXY .......this time with LOVERBOYs Mike Reno on vocals :grinthumb

Under the Lights

joe

Reaction score

Moxy first three albums are great straight ahead Canadian rock 'n' roll. Mike Reno replaced Buzz Sherman on vocals on the 4th LP being the result of a terrible piece of music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimManess3

Staff online

Members online