Moving, Moving, and Moving.....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
...I am freaked out by that Randy video,,,might have to engage the 6 Pop protocol to erase this from my consciousness.:eek:

F

FoxyPage

Thanks guys, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the question (not saying anyone was offended but just incase). I just wondered.

:)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I figured I would post this here since it has to do with threads....

Why are old threads being locked so people make new ones? I know those threads are old but what is wrong with bumping them and starting the discussion all over again? I know some of the threads have some red x's but I don't see why the newest posts can't just continue on and repost whatever isn't there because they'll be doing that once they make a new thread, anyways. I don't think any of the dicussions from pre-2009 are any less relevant.....Just asking because I've seen a few threads that I knew had already been made before so I just did a quick search and saw they were locked....it didn't make sense to me because it's like someone posting the same thread all over again with almost the exact same info when the previously made thread could have just been continued.

I saw Soot's David Bowie thread and I was almost 100% sure I saw a Bowie thread already so I searched and saw that it had been locked but Soot's comments in the thread just seemed to indicate that Bowie never did have a thread when he did.....that old Bowie thread could have just been bumped and his info could have went in there.

Ehhh, just wondering about it. Kinda seems pointless to lock a thread and make a new one when people are going to post the same info, anyways.

The Bowie thread from the original thread was just an OP asking for videos of Bowie. In another forum when things were transitioning and I wanted to help out I specifically asked how I can help make things better. What I was told is that music threads are very important in getting noticed because when someone googles by name a band/artist they like or even looks through Digg, etc. it's often the first impression they get of the forum and what draws them in. I then asked what makes a good thread intro. I was told that the intro should have something written with some info on the band but not just copy and paste. I was told it should look nice with some pictures and videos added. I've had these sentiments confirmed even further since then.

A lot of these old threads were by members who stopped in long enough to chat, make 20 post and leave. The OPs in them were like

"So tis bandd is cool! U like dem?"

I think the members who stuck around as well as returning members and new blood should be able to own a lot of these threads. That includes you too Foxy since you've been here a long time. Peace! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online