Mouth & MacNeal (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Senza+titolo-1.jpg

87453221017178817.png

This duo from the Netherlands deserve their own thread. Even though they are mainly well known for their hit HOW DO YOU DO, Willem Duyn/Mouth (who passed away in 2004) and Sjoukje van't Spijker/Maggie Macneal had done work on their own before teaming up together, thanks to record producer, Hans van Hemert

Their first single Hey You Love reached number 5 in the Dutch charts while How Do You Do reached number one and was a big hit in the U.S. spending 19 weeks in the Billboard Top 100 and peaking at number 8

phil_6012_187.jpg

Their album How Do You Do had entered the Billboard Top 200. In 1974 the duo represented the Netherlands in the famous Eurovision Song Contest. They were beat out by ABBA , but the contest song , I SEE A STAR", went to number 1 in Ireland. :grinthumb

Mouth_%26_MacNeal_-_I_See_a_Star.jpg

After this hit the duo split up and Mouth continued on with his wife Ingrid under the name Big Mouth & Little Eve. Macneal went solo and again represented the Netherlands with the song AMSTERDAM in the Eurovision Song Contest

One More Time.....:)

mouthmacneal.jpg

c7360b2d421638cc646197db7bb.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Mouth & MacNeal

These guys are like Captain and Tenille but actually enjoyable! The songs should seem cheesier than they are but I actually like their vocals, the little details like the hand claps and the knowledge of what makes a good pop song! :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Thanks Soot...yeah these two were fantastic and actually stretch far beyond their "one big hit"...

Here's some other cool cuts.

Some more epic Maggie Macneal solo...

A clip of Big Mouth & Little Eve when Mouth was trying to first go on with wife Ingrid after the breakup with Macneal.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Mouth went on pursuing a solo career as Willem Duyn...yep...all alone..and actually had hits with Dutch versions of Chatanooga Choo Choo and Darlin , both of which were Frankie Miller tunes.

Here is a great track from Willem entitled...Je Zeurt Teveel!!

GREAT chorus!!

The song was covered by modern female Dutch artist, Marlous. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Interesting stuff MP! The guy has kind of a Seger like vocal and it's weird hearing that in another language! :heheh: The chick isn't too bad either! She's hot! Kind of looks like Brooke Hogan! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

WOW yeah she does!!! :grinthumb

In 2004 Dyun as I noted died. This was a heart attack...and if you can believe, Macneal reformed Mouth And MAcneal in 2008 with Arie Ribbens who was a dutch singer who mainly sung party music and carnival hits.

But let's get back to the origianl Mouth And Macneal and hear a couple more hits!!!

Minnie Minnie

Promo Film for How Do You Do

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Staff online

Members online