Most Overrated Bands of the 90's

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
i heard rusty cage on the radio plenty back in '91

I don't doubt that as it's a staple for them now as well as Jesus Christ Pose, etc. but MTV really seems to be the barometer for the masses when it was still playing videos so I still think even though other songs got rotation and Soundgarden built a fan base that their blow up song and one the larger demographic will know them for is Black Hole Sun. That video with the mellting Barbie doll will be what the fairweather fans remember. I myself actually thought "Fell On Black Days" and "My Wave" were the better songs on that album. :grinthumb

Aginghipster

Reaction score
Re: Most Overated Bands of the 90's

:oyea:
AMEN to every last word. Thank God Meat Loaf brought hard rock raoring back with the most important album of the 90's Bat out of hell II.

Escapism rock although some of the lyrical content of Bat III was darker than previous Bat of Hell.
:oyea::oyea::oyea::oyea:

In my history of being online and also including reading comments in various forms of print media, this is the most outrageous, absurd, and ludicrous comment I have ever come across! There is not much more I can say.

Bocephus

Reaction score
Nirvana
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Rage Against The Machine
Radiohead
Manic Street Preachers (overrated everywhere except America, where no one knows who they are lol)
U2
Metalica

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Seems I had this in the wrong Decade earlier,My mistake.
Guns&Roses
They had one good tune IMO,Civil war,All the rest before&after is just a bunch of fluff that the record companys&radio stations shoved down our ears.
Axel Rose's voice makes my skin crawl.

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
I have to jump on the Radiohead are overrated band wagon. I mean come on VH1 last 100 greatest artist of all time list had them at #29. I mean come on! IMO they aren't even close to making a list like that. According to that list Radiohead are better than (to name a few) Van Halen, Metallica, Ramones, KISS, Lynyrd Skynyrd & Green Day. Now thats just laughable!

Khor1255

Reaction score
Oasis and every rap group (but that's not really music anyway). Almost all new country.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I mean, some idiot was calling Oasis the new Beatles. Can you imagine?

Born to Lose

Reaction score
I have to jump on the Radiohead are overrated band wagon. I mean come on VH1 last 100 greatest artist of all time list had them at #29. I mean come on! IMO they aren't even close to making a list like that. According to that list Radiohead are better than (to name a few) Van Halen, Metallica, Ramones, KISS, Lynyrd Skynyrd & Green Day. Now thats just laughable!

I dont like Radiohead, but I prefer them to Kiss and a hundred times over to Van Halen.:bonk:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online