Most Overrated Artists/Bands of 70s?

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Pink Floyd. There was a lot of fantastic progressive music in the 70's that I feel was overlooked due to the excessive popularity of Pink Floyd. You can add Led Zep to that list. I think they lived up to the hype with albums 1-Houses of the Holy, but the rest I can do without.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I used to kind of think this (definitely about Floyd) but then I heard a lot more of the more obscure stuff and have thoroughly changed my mind. My main issue with Zeppelin was that in my school you couldn't go anywhere without hearing them played to death. But I still really loved some of their songs. Once I owned a copy of III and then especially Physical Graffiti my opinion was changed forever.

I still say Song Remains the Same is a really weak representation of them live and am usually thoroughly disappointed by most of that album.

With Floyd you just have to dig a little deeper to get to the real gold.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to kind of think this (definitely about Floyd) but then I heard a lot more of the more obscure stuff and have thoroughly changed my mind. My main issue with Zeppelin was that in my school you couldn't go anywhere without hearing them played to death. But I still really loved some of their songs. Once I owned a copy of III and then especially Physical Graffiti my opinion was changed forever.

I still say Song Remains the Same is a really weak representation of them live and am usually thoroughly disappointed by most of that album.

I understand about LZ being played to death but in my experience it was mostly Black Dog, which sucks because I used to love that song.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Wow, poor Bruce. Badlands is a terrific track though.

Overrated - Yes and Bonjovi (however you spell it)

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score

I've dug just about as deep as I'm willing to. Got the "UmaGuma Era" stuff and all that. Just doesn't do it for me.

Never cared for Physical Graffiti. It just sits in my collection drawing dust.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Khor, you're right about Jonbo.........

But yes Yes. Fancy noodling. That's my opinion, before anyone gets insulted.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I have a feeling if you delved a little deeper into their discography you'd find plenty to like but then again, maybe not. I don't like fancy for it's own sake and they come off as pretentious sometimes but there are some genuinely inspired tracks that wouldn't have the same effect if they weren't as lavishly orchestrated.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online