Most charismatic lead singer of the 80s

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Oh man, I forgot, when I saw this movie for the last time! Of course, I don't remember that speech! :blush2:
:heheh:

P.S. About Dee Snider: I don't think, that he was better, than Freddie, but he was great frontman too, who will deny? And, besides, he's always was one of my favourite singers, really good both in rockers, and in ballads too. :metal:

Last edited:

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Oh man, I forgot, when I saw this movie for the last time! Of course, I don't remember that speech! :blush2:
:heheh:

I must break you!

P.S. About Dee Snider: I don't think, that he was better, than Freddie, but he was great frontman too, who will deny? And, besides, he's always was one of my favourite singers, really good both in rockers, and in ballads too. :metal:

Let's not forget that Dee Snider was Twisted Sister. He wrote all of their songs, he carried all the videos and he's still around. Freddie on the other hand had a pretty talented bunch of sidekicks and songwriters to let him shine. Dee Snider even got the respect of the next American president when he was on "The Apprentice".

RhyeInTheJar

Reaction score
Well, he did attract thousands of girls to van Halen concerts who otherwise wouldn't listen to that music. He was successful solo with mediocre cover songs.
In order to get his charisma, you probably have to be a girl. :D.

Well in real life, I know very few girls who like guys with long hair, let alone dyed blond long hair, and most girls think chest hair is gross and sleazy. And guys who dance and jump are seen as, well....a bit gay to be honest. I suppose being famous gets you get away with lots of things.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Do I really have to say this? Really? The most charismatic lead singer of the 80's (and 70's and 90's and all of the 2000's so far) is:

BruceSpringsteen051985PA210910.jpg

:D

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Well in real life, I know very few girls who like guys with long hair, let alone dyed blond long hair, and most girls think chest hair is gross and sleazy. And guys who dance and jump are seen as, well....a bit gay to be honest. I suppose being famous gets you get away with lots of things.

What kind of conclusion is that??
It's like saying: In real life I know very few girls who are digging men clad in frock coats and top hats using a fancy kane for walking
==> Victorian men got away with that because they were famous/rich/whatever.

You should should 1980's girls if they fancy men with big hair wearing spandex. By the way, Eddie van Halen was equally as famous as David Lee Roth, but guess who the girls wanted to shag.

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Do I really have to say this? Really? The most charismatic lead singer of the 80's (and 70's and 90's and all of the 2000's so far) is:

Springsteen is definitely right up there.
Two observations to proof his charisma:
1. He's appearance on stage combined with his half-screaming voice made people forget entirely what "Born in the USA" is really about. They just saw the all-american hero who sings something about American pride or something. Making people forget content by sheer charisma!
2. On the cover of "Tunnel of Love" he looks like washed up, wanna be gigolo who really is a half-broke used-car salesman. Only he can get away with that cover!
tunneloflove2-400x400.jpg

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I have long hair .... chicks dig me...just saying..ha

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn