Morbid Angel (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Whilst this was about Domination and I can see why Trey hated the drums on Domination, it sounded sampled and really should be to blame for Illud Divinum Insanus coming about. Domination does not count as a classic, the production was shit and even Trey said it himself it did.
Absolutely no excuses for Illud to even exist.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
Very impressed with Altars Of Madness. Brilliant balance between the vocals and the music. I was expecting the vocals to dominate and dischord but that wasn't the case. Some of the "death" vocals I have heard which isn't much sounds silly for a lack of a better word and doesn't flow with the music but that's not what I hear on this album. Wicked riffs and searing solos. This makes Slayer sound like _____ and takes "evil" to the next circle in hell. Excellent.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very impressed with Altars Of Madness. Brilliant balance between the vocals and the music. I was expecting the vocals to dominate and dischord but that wasn't the case. Some of the "death" vocals I have heard which isn't much sounds silly for a lack of a better word and doesn't flow with the music but that's not what I hear on this album. Wicked riffs and searing solos. This makes Slayer sound like _____ and takes "evil" to the next circle in hell. Excellent.
I am happy to know you enjoyed Altars, heck Morbid Angel in general, they really helped kick start the entire genre with that album, give Blessed Are the Sick a go too.

joe

Reaction score
I am happy to know you enjoyed Altars, heck Morbid Angel in general, they really helped kick start the entire genre with that album, give Blessed Are the Sick a go too.

Will do Riff. Thanx. Really enjoyed it.:grinthumb

What band/album would you suggest next for me descent into hell?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will do Riff. Thanx. Really enjoyed it.:grinthumb

What band/album would you suggest next for me descent into hell?
If you are keen to stay on the same brutal genre of death metal I can recommend Cannibal Corpse, album I think go for Gallery of Suicide. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember I loved Domination when that was my first Morbid Angel album I picked up, now though I think it is heavily flawed and not worthy of being called a classic. It is way overproduced.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of killer tunes. One from Blessed.

The other on Altars.

To sum it up really for the band which I found on Facebook. :heheh:

I am gonna seek out a copy of Abominations even if they are demos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online