Mike Oldfield (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Could be a promo signed, when I worked in the music shop we had loads of promos and freebies, not many signed. Would be good to see how much it's worth:) I see there are a few more remastered albums coming out, Crisis and Five Miles Out, will pick up regular versions of these as great albums and Mike has done the mastering so sound good. Not bothered about the deluxe versions as I cannot see they have extra tracks on, just live stuff.

Crisis is one of my fave albums by him, the title track is excellent for a start and of course Moonlight Shadow is brilliant.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I looked on Ebay but, while there is plenty of Oldfield material, I could not find any signed CDs to give an idea of the monetary value. In any case, I bought the album for listening and intend to do so as I really like TB2. I am not a memorabilia collector and would rather go to my grave having enjoyed albums than leave pristine versions behind on the shelf. Nevertheless, it's good to think Oldfield may have handled the CD - it gives it a little bit of magic.

I have not heard later albums like Music of the Spheres and Guitars, but there is nothing among the remainder that I do not like. You are right, Sweaty, that the work with Maggie Reilly is special. In his otherwise revealing autobiography, Oldfield makes little comment about this work. Whatever happened, it is time they got back together.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I agree, a CD with a little magic is always good, I haven't heard all his work but I like quite a few of his albums from early to middle period.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have just purchased a load of remastered albums from Sainsburys as only £4.99 each...

QE2
INCANTATIONS
CRISIS
FIVE MILES OUT
PLATINUM

Looking good so far, will give em a listen soon, just waiting for Discovery to be remastered now:)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I have just purchased a load of remastered albums from Sainsburys as only £4.99 each...

QE2
INCANTATIONS
CRISIS
FIVE MILES OUT
PLATINUM

Looking good so far, will give em a listen soon, just waiting for Discovery to be remastered now:)

This is a great selection, you cannot go wrong with any of these.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Have you heard the 5.1 version of Tubular Bells Sweaty?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online