Melanie (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Melanie

Great thread! I loved the first song! Her version of Ruby Tuesday was good as well! My interest trailed off a little after those but a very talented artist I'd never heard before nonetheless! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

UGH!! The other song by her I wish I could blow up!! :lmao:

:lmao: Poor Thumper!!!

OK we'll get a bit deeper on these...gotta crash early today but will be back tonight! :grinthumb

Thanks snakes! Keep exploring soot. Not always possible to like every song but you may find a couple more. Melanie moves it around.

Always loved the marching drums and flutes in this one.

Stop! I Don't Wanna Hear It Anymore

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Listening to leftover wine now, she really has got a powerful voice! I'll definitely be getting some of her music. The last two minutes of the song are awesome, reminds me of GFR's Heartbreaker. You think it's slowing to a close, then they bust out another minute :D

EDIT: Just realised why she sounded familiar, Lisa Mitchell is pretty much a 2009 version of her:

OK.....Been listening to more Lisa Mitychell and that's pretty freaky.

Leftover Wine is a great song....was in the mood for her tonight so I dug up the thread :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Having a flashback reading this one MP...lol. I liked Melanie, and I like Brand New Key, but out of deference to Thumper and Flower's wishes I won't post the song...:heheh:

But, I will.
:heheh:

because it's fun tune... it's a real toe tapper...

Here's another homemade video by me, that's NOT dedicated to Thumper and Flower...

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

While I can't abide "Brand New Key," I was a big fan of "Lay Down," and I also very much liked "Look What They've Done to My Song." It kind of puts me in mind of Mary Hopkin's "Those Were the Days" for some reason. Maybe just because they were from the same period.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

x8rBp.jpg

Melanie - Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)

''Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)" was the second single from Melanie's 1970 album Candles in the Rain. The song proved to her breakthrough hit in the United States, climbing to #6 on the U.S. Billboard charts and #3 on the U.S. Cash Box charts.'

The song, released in March 1970, was a collaboration with the Edwin Hawkins Singers, who provide gospel vocals in the background of each chorus. Melanie wrote the song after performing at Woodstock the year before; the song's lyrics describe what she felt as she looked out at the sea of people attending the music event.

It became a Top Ten hit across the world, perhaps most notably in the United States, where it was a Cash Box Charts fixture for 17 weeks, and in Australia, where it stayed on the Go-Set charts for 23 weeks. [Wikipedia]

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online