McCartney: Close Encounter

algernon

Reaction score
Got to share this with you guys. My nephew was in NY this week with his wife and baby and met his dad in the lobby of the Warwick Hotel. They were sitting there making conversation and his dad remarked that the Beatles once stayed at the Warwick. At that VERY moment a gentleman walked by, saw my nephew's kid and said "cute baby!" It was Paul McCartney. I kid you not, it happened just like that.

Last edited:

algernon

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Wow....what timing!
Life is so strange sometimes.....cool story, Alg!
Yeah, the timing is what's so very strange and my nephew is not given to embellishments. He had literally just finished asking his dad why he chose the Warwick and his dad said that the beatles once stayed there...they had no idea McCartney was a guest!

algernon

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
he didn't ask him to autograph his forehead or anything?
He said they were too stunned to do anything. I asked him if they made eye contact and he said no, that McCartney had his eye on the baby.

algernon

Reaction score
Another interesting tidbit: I asked him if McCartney had an entourage and he said no, that he was alone. If I was Paul McCartney I would be extremely paranoid because of what happened to Lennon...especially in NYC. Apparantly he doesn't worry about it.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
more power to him (knock wood)
whenever I hear a Teeny-Queen crying about Paparazzi it's hard for me to be very sympathetic.

maybe if they wore a floppy hat instead of a thong?
maybe if they stayed at The Warwick?
lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online