Mastodon (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Hold on a second, gotta change underwear....

This album was originally planned to be released combined with "Emperor Of Sand", then it was going to be a Brent Hind's solo album and I guess they've now decided to release it as a Mastodon record. I can safely say that's this album is going to be an album of the year candidate, like everything else Mastodon puts out. Whoa!

joe

Reaction score
I'm surprized that the band is releasing another so quick after their last. I was somewhat disappointed with Brann Dailor's project. "Arcadea" from this year. Progressive and some psych elements but too electronic.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Definitely interested but also a little leery due to @joe s statement above. Hopefully , NOT electronic at all....

Oh wait, two different members...never mind. I seriously doubt Hind would venture into that area...at least i hope.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely interested but also a little leery due to @joe s statement above. Hopefully , NOT electronic at all....

Oh wait, two different members...never mind. I seriously doubt Hind would venture into that area...at least i hope.
That and the fact the Arcadea style was saved for a side project is a good sign Mastodon won't venture that route. I do hope however they continue to evolve.

joe

Reaction score
I don't think the band will take that route. Gotta give credit to Dailor for trying something new. It's not a bad album. I'd give it a 5/10.

joe

Reaction score
I found Arcadea enjoyable. Sort of like an electronic version of Mastodon. Far from a masterpiece though.

I just listened to it once. I'll give it another spin sometime. I do like progressive electronic but more in the vein of Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, etc.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Toe to Toe from the upcoming EP.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka