Madonna (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Madonna Thread

Although you couldn't turn on a radio without hearing Madonna back in the 80's, I can't exactly say I paid too much attention to her music, her movies, her books, her love life, or even her for that matter. I really only knew of her what I saw on MTV and I could take it or leave it.

But then in 1998 or so, someone at work lent me her Ray of Light cd and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I then decided to go check out her back catalogue and I was amazed at not only how many great songs she actually recorded but how amazingly beautiful her voice is.

I ended up burning four "best of" discs from her first eight studio albums. She really is quite a talent!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Studio recording number 2:

LikeAVirgin1984.png

and a song written by Madonna

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

When I was young, I (admittedly) played the life out of my "Like a Virgin" cassette.

I love Madonna. She's beautiful, completely sexy, and basically everything I ever really wanted to be growing up.

F

FoxyPage

YES! I am so glad you made this thread!

Madonna has had a huge influence on my life and she has taught me many things. She stands the test of time and, whether you love her or hate her, there is no denying that she is one of the most influential artists of all time, not just because of her music, but because of her strong personality and her 'do what you want and don't let people knock you down' attitude. She presents herself as a strong female and it's something we really need, especially because young girls can look up to her and her 'I don't take no shit' attitude and strong female role models can be hard to find.

I wouldn't doubt she'd still be wearing bodysuits and singing pop/dance/electronica tunes well into her 90's, if she wanted to. The woman is a POWERHOUSE.

It's incredibly hard to pick a favourite song but I have always really loved Lucky Star. The video is so simple yet it still pulls you in.

I really like the way she looks. She has very dominating feature, imo, from the big eyes to the big eyebrows (as in long, not so much the old school bushy Madonna brows, lol)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Madonna! My all time favorite solo performer. She is the very earliest musical memory for me. Mom says I used to rock back and forth in my crib when I was a baby to songs like Lucky Star and True Blue. :heheh:

What, no mention of her FABULOUS 90's work? :omg: My favorite Madonna is 90's Madonna. Like I stated before, Vogue was my earliest clear musical memory along with Express Yourself.

Anyone remember the live performance of Vogue at the VMA's? Always stuck in my mind and I was so in awe and flabbergasted when I saw it. She was so fabulous, still is!

She is the epitome of creativity and reinvention, in my opinion, and she's made a career off of developing her look and sound and transforming herself album to album, single to single. She's also a pop icon in every sense of the word, the female counterpart to Michael Jackson.

My all time favorite Madonna album is definitely Ray of Light. It was a completely different sound/era for her, with trance/electronica infusions and a little but of eastern influences (sort of reminds me of a pop version of Kashmir, with the international elements).

Favorites from the album:

My post is becoming too long so I will stop there, but I could go on forever. She is my female Led Zeppelin. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I love that you said "the female counterpart to Michael Jackson", that is exactly the opinion I have as well. Madonna is a class act. Great post too :D I have a special place for her in my heart, always have. Definitely an artist that I never want to lose interest with.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I love that you said "the female counterpart to Michael Jackson", that is exactly the opinion I have as well. Madonna is a class act. Great post too :D I have a special place for her in my heart, always have. Definitely an artist that I never want to lose interest with.

I have a theory that if you were a 90's kid, you have to have some sort of appreciation for Madonna somewhere in you. She was just too big of a part of that era to be ignored.

Another favorite:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^Agreed. I heard her a lot growing up. I had quite a few favorites of hers that really stuck.

Here's one I really like, it's very catchy, and i'm suddenly singing along to it:

Her voice is absolutely beautiful with everything she does.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online