M83 (Official Thread)

Clockwork

Baby Rocker
Reaction score
Re: "The Official M83 Thread"

great music soot!!! can't choose my favorite lol... but im really digging the instrumental tracks... some have inspired me to write some lyrics... great stuff here thanks!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: "The Official M83 Thread"

I also like Don't Save Us From The Flames...cool video too!!

:cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" M83 Thread

I'm really looking forward to getting this new release! It's a double albumof all things! :grinthumb

Hurry Up. We're Dreaming
m83-hurry-up-were-dreaming-album-cover.gif

Here are some tracks:

[GROOVESHARK]33318854[/GROOVESHARK]
(the vast anthemic soundscapes quality of these guys I love is displayed here)

Raconte-Moi Une Histoire
(the eight bit video game feel with the finger snapping beat is strangely infectious)

Soon My Friend
(the Pink Floyd of Electronica perhaps)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm LOVING the above album! :cheering It's epic and it trails Blue October as perhaps my favorite 2011 album! The single is probably the closest resemblance to the last album "Saturdays=Youth":

Midnight City

It has that 80's exuberance but as a whole the album tries to be something more epic in scope. It's too disc of Electronica that takes you on the type of journey a Floyd album would. It's a moody, sweeping terrain of ambiance and spacy galaxies of bombastic soundwaves.

Here's another one I really like. I think it's Moby meets Coldplay:

My Tears Are Becoming A Sea

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm listening to it now Bryan and I completely agree! Fortunately my CD player is very bassy too which added a whole new dimension, it's some of the grandest music I've heard! :grinthumb

I've only listened to CD 1 but these four songs in particular are so amazing, most especially "Wait":

[GROOVESHARK]33318879[/GROOVESHARK]

I love the building intro, the children's voices and the wicked bassline in this :D

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Gabble (it's going to take everything I have not to call you ****ing Sal :heheh:), I knew you would eventually warm up to M83! :grinthumb I put a grooveshark link above all the vids you posted as us Americans aren't good enough for the vids you posted! :heheh: Anyway, one cannot pick a weak track off that album so I of course I love what you posted but I'm particularly happy you like the oddity known as Raconte-Moi Une Hostoire! :grinthumb Glad to see you're back my friend and your taste are still exceptional! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online