Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
m83_logo.jpg

up-m82.jpg
Picture_2.png

M83 Official Website

Official Discography
(M83 (2001), Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts (2003), Before the Dawn Heals Us (2005), Digital Shades Vol. 1 (2007) Saturdays = Youth (2008), Hurry Up, We're Dreaming (2011))
m83-m83-cover-737.jpeg
61P1ANBTDPL._SL500_AA300_.jpgm83-btdhu.jpg
46856426;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage
61iteYXdRoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51ksz96s7TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

O.K., I admit that I'm really a novice when it comes to Electronica but I'm surprised that the group M83 has never been mentioned in here! Their most recent c.d. Saturday=Youth was one of the three main c.d.s I couldn't stop talking about last year! Some of the tracks go from haunting to 80s spirit so nostalgic that you'll feel like your in the Breakfast Club! Even with the elements of influences the album is one of the more interesting and unique ones I've heard in the last five years and honestly the first time an electronica based album had me listening to every track outside of the occasional Moby c.d.! Here are some examples from:

Saturdays=Youth
M83-saturdays-youth-web.jpg

We Own The Sky (This song blew me away!)

Skin of the Night (darker and haunting)

Kim and Jessie (The single, spirited and 80's tinged)

Graveyard Girl (really 80's)

If you feel like checking it out or already know it, feel free to let me know what you think? Peace!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Re: "The Official M83 Thread"

I just presumed Electronica is anything which isn't Acoustic - which is anything made electric since Popcorn came out:

:D

F

FoxyPage

*bump*

Not bad at all, Soot! The first song was really amazing, so nice and calm and the video makes you feel good and happy. I've never heard of them before but I am going to check out some more of their songs. I liked what I heard here!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

*bump*

Not bad at all, Soot! The first song was really amazing, so nice and calm and the video makes you feel good and happy. I've never heard of them before but I am going to check out some more of their songs. I liked what I heard here!

Awesome! Coincidentally you picked my intro song to them as well as my overall favorite from them! I was obsessed with it for a long period of time! Glad you dig them! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Here are some tracks from one of their prior c.d.s! This material was mostly sonic landscapes over the more youthful themed electronica on Saturdays=Youth! On par with the stuff I love from Moby!

Before The Dawn Heals Us
61s161dw2xl.jpg

Don't Save Us From The Flames
(sounds like Electronica Snow Patrol)

Let me Burn Stars

Farewell/Goodbye

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

"Oh I like it, I like it! Let's go clubbing!"

I'll post the video that quote is from in your humour thread :heheh:

Seriously though, some nice stuff, and I've already got Saturdays=Youth on the download! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

"Oh I like it, I like it! Let's go clubbing!"

I'll post the video that quote is from in your humour thread :heheh:

Seriously though, some nice stuff, and I've already got Saturdays=Youth on the download! :D

Sweeeeeeet Sal! I get two for one here! :heheh: A music introduction and a contribution to my humor thread! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I just discovered tracks off of this 2007 release! Gorgeous works that would make Moby jealous!

Digital Shades Vol. 1
M83-Digital_Shades_Volume_1.jpg

By The Kiss

The Highest Journey

Waves, Waves, Waves

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Graveyard Girl is a really cool tune...almost like Enya meets The Cure. :grinthumb

I'll check out the rest of these. How old are these kids?? Not bad.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online