Mêlée

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Mêlée
melee.jpg

Mêlée is an indie group that mixes a perfect blend of pop piano driven melodies with soulful vocals. I first discovered them through their debut single when I found it on a Rhapsody playlist. It was the most infectious pop rock I'd heard since New Radicals. In fact, it sounded like something Greg Alexander of the New Radicals would create. I guess I'm not the only one who thought it was catchy and infectious because I found out it was picked up for a car commercial. :heheh: Here's the single!

Built To Last

The song came off of this great album:

Mêlée-Devils and Angels
(like the cover myself)
melee-devilsangels.jpg

Here's some great tracks included some brilliant ballads and retro pop songwriting similar to Billy Joel and Hall and Oates! :grinthumb

Can't Hold On
(Love this song! Just an epic ballad!)

She's Gonna Find Me Here
(A close second! Just classic!)

Love Carries On

....and following the Hall and Oates reference, a spot on cover:

You Make My Dreams Come True

Check them out and let me know what you guys think! :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Melee

I must confess, I was more driven to check this thread out because I liked the album cover from your avatar more than me just being curious. :heheh:

But upon actually listening to their music I have to say that do like it. If these guys aren't on the fast track to pop success then I'm dumbfounded because they SO should be. Their music has everything it takes to be a hit without selling their souls to the generic music industry lords.

"Can't Hold On" was my favorite song that you posted. :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool band and cool artwork...I need to look into these guys for sure.

I agree with Harmony on Can't Hold On and yes, it's an "epic" ballad.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Holy Cow...I'm lovin' all of this and it looks like I will have to order it...as I see Best Buy, Borders, B & N...don't carry in store...big surprise. :rolleyes:

But I am getting this and it will be hard copy!! :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

It's not easy to find Metal! It wasn't commercially successful or pushed by the label which is sad. I would look for it at a more independent chain rather than the big names because that's where I found both of the albums they've released! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I've added Built To Last to my myspace page as one of my videos and tossed it on my FB! That tune is a grower. Like that song alot...well written. :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I finally got around to listening to these guys and I liked what I heard. The vocalist sounds a lot like Newton Faulkner IMO and the music as a whole has a pop/rock feel that's actually really enjoyable. It's a similar feeling I get when I listen to some of Snow Patrol's non ballad songs. Of the 4 random songs I listened to, Imitation was my favourite :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I REALLY LOVE the new song from these guys and can't believe they have another shot at success! :grinthumb

Mêlée-The Ballad of You and I

It's free on I-Tunes right now! Get it quick! :)

The upcoming album is:

Mêlée-The Masquerade
00-melee-the_masquerade-2010-front.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peeterparker