Lynyrd Skynyrd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd

^^It is a very good album, I have had the original CD for a while now, but the sound of the MFSL version I picked up recently is definitely a big improvement, the depth the bass everything is just better than the original release. It is sad that almost all of the great old labels that specialized in upgrading old albums are gone now...:(

Reaction score

A couple tunes from my favorite Skynyrd album, Gimme Back My Bullets.. Just listened to it again today and am once again blown away:grinthumb

Cry For the Bad Man

My favorite - Every Mother's Son

Trust

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This is coincidence Eberg...I had to run into town today and the radio was playing what they call "the Saturday block party". Gimme Back My Bullets was the block for today........so I got to hear a block of 4 songs off the album on the radio!

Gimme Back My Bullets
Every Mother's Son
All I Can Do is Write About It
Roll Gypsy Roll

Reaction score

This is coincidence Eberg...I had to run into town today and the radio was playing what they call "the Saturday block party". Gimme Back My Bullets was the block for today........so I got to hear a block of 4 songs off the album on the radio!

Gimme Back My Bullets
Every Mother's Son
All I Can Do is Write About It
Roll Gypsy Roll

:heheh:

My station started that up again lately.. They've been playing absolutely no variety and really lame, overplayed stuff though.. They've just gotten worse and worse during my life time, I hope I'll see a turn around at some point:rolleyes:

Those are all such cool songs.. This album seems to have the most country influence out of all of Skynyrd's.. It has as much country as swampy blues, and I love it:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Nuthin' Fancy a solid album with great tunes "On The Hunt" ,, "Railroad Song"
,,"Saturday Night Special" Brilliant sample of Skynyrd at their best IMO.

Mp edit: Removed dead photo

Reaction score

Nuthin' Fancy a solid album with great tunes "On The Hunt" ,, "Railroad Song"
,,"Saturday Night Special" Brilliant sample of Skynyrd at their best IMO.

Mp edit: Removed dead photo

This is actually my least favorite of the original line up.. I love Saturday Night Special, but aside from that one, most of the rest of this album lacks for me:confused:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I guess we all have our favourites eberg :) Pronounced And Nuthin' Fancy are mine I think ,, and the "On The Hunt" track is one of my top tunes of all time.:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^On The Hunt is one of my top 10 Skynyrd tunes easily...has a great feel to it.

Reaction score

I do like On the Hunt, and it's not a bad album, I just lie the other Skynyrd albums better:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

"On The Hunt" used to play on a few of the juke boxes in our local pubs and it was one of the most popular choices, it goes well with a couple of pints,:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online