Lynyrd Skynyrd (Official Thread)

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd - The original band

Skynyrd was such a great band, probably at the forefront of the southern rock genre

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Undoubtedly death and tragedy take the marrow out of bands like LS, but if only for respect, I have always followed them and their music!:)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

The original Skynyrd are IMO one of the best bands ever to grace the stage, their recordings are timeless and will never fade. Also I am ok with the more recent line ups I have a couple of cd's "1991" and "The Last Rebel", they are fine works and the times I have seen them they have put on a great show. I try hard not to compare them to the old band just acknowledge the music as a tip of the hat to a great legacy.

:bow:

Reaction score

There were too many good posts in this thread to scrap it completely.. but I redid the OP:grinthumb

So check out the original post!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd

Looks good Eberg. :grinthumb It's a solid summary of their rise and demise....and then rise again...sorta.'

Also I've been really enjoying "Saturday Night Special" lately for no particular reason other than it just being good. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Found this beauty a couple of days ago...nothing like a fabulous album in the Highest Quality format you can get.:tup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^Great album LG I really like Skynyrd's cover of J.J. Cale's "Call Me The Breeze" ..

Rocker440

Reaction score

Found this beauty a couple of days ago...nothing like a fabulous album in the Highest Quality format you can get.:tup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In some, rather strange ways, Second Helping kind of gets overlooked for many of the terrific songs on that album, imo. I do think many people know that SWA is an excellent song, and on this album, but I Need You, Don't Ask Me No Questions, Workin' For MCA are superb songs that I've enjoyed for many years. Although of those three songs, Workin' For MCA was included within the live shows, and also is great!

^^^Great album LG I really like Skynyrd's cover of J.J. Cale's "Call Me The Breeze" ..

Me too! :grinthumb and one of the songs I mentioned above, too!

Reaction score

I can't pick a favorite off of that album.. I actually just picked it back up and started listening to it a lot again.. but Ballad Of Curtis Lowe has been a favorite for a long time, Call Me The Breeze, Swamp Music is absolutely awesome, and a song I overlooked before.. Needle and the Spoon..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online