Lynyrd Skynyrd (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd - The original band

I like "Gimme Back My Bullets" too :)

Actually, there isn't an album by Skynyrd I don't like.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

One of the best Southern Rock bands ever, not my favorite but in the top three for sure.

I'll be writing a thread for my all time fav southern rockers one of these days.

Last edited:

Reaction score

One of the best Southern Rock bands ever, not my favorite but in the top three for sure.

I'll be writing a thread for my all time fav southern rockers one of these days.

Hatchet? Eagles? Marshall Tucker? Poco? I'm interested to see, I've been kind of loving the country rock thing lately, well, for the past two years and I don't see this one fading out like the previous little phases of mine, the punk rock one got pretty ugly hehehe, but I'll be very interesting to see this thread

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

image.jpg

It is such a shame that an alleged fuel shortage in a plane could end the lives of such talented people.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Hatchet? Eagles? Marshall Tucker? Poco? I'm interested to see, I've been kind of loving the country rock thing lately, well, for the past two years and I don't see this one fading out like the previous little phases of mine, the punk rock one got pretty ugly hehehe, but I'll be very interesting to see this thread

I'll post it tomorrow Eberg, hope you're not disappointed when you see who it is...lol.

Yeah another plane crash, this one was so preventable too, oh well at least their legacy has survived all these years, and with kids like Eberg keeping the flame alive another generation will keep them on the radar.;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I really love original Skynyrd. The new Skynyrd hardly sounds southern at all.....I'm not a fan....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I stop at Street Survivors Cosmic, I don't have any of the later songs at all. I remember Rossington-Collins Band formed a while after the crash, but I didn't pursue them either. I like the original and that is good enough for my Skynyrd needs.;)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I liked "Sweet Home Alabama" when it first came out in 73, but this 1974 Skynyrd song really got me interested in the band. :)

:lmao:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I stop at Street Survivors Cosmic, I don't have any of the later songs at all. I remember Rossington-Collins Band formed a while after the crash, but I didn't pursue them either. I like the original and that is good enough for my Skynyrd needs.;)

Here here! :grinthumb

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

image.jpg

It is such a shame that an alleged fuel shortage in a plane could end the lives of such talented people.
Indeed. But if my memory is accurate, I think that their plane was problematic, too, and was deemed unsafe by other bands who had already passed on buying it. I really should verify that first, but I don't think I'm confusing it with Ozzy's plane.

I believe a lot of the planes used by rock bands back then were planes retired from either airline service or the military.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online