Lynyrd Skynyrd (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
My favourite band ever - pre- as well as post-crash. I'm not going to deny that the band is different post crash, but I honestly think they've continued to create great music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Nothing but respect for how they carried on after what was a tragic plane crash, I remember when it happened and not many of us thought they would carry on afterward.

Hard for me to pick a fave Skynyrd album, the debut, Second Helping and Street Survivors are all top drawer...:think:

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I remember trying to get into this band's music via a greatest hits CD, some 10 years or so ago. Didn't particularly find them special aside from a handful of tracks. Sweet Home Alabama was of course always a favourite.

Love their band name though. Have heard the story behind it. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember trying to get into this band's music via a greatest hits CD, some 10 years or so ago. Didn't particularly find them special aside from a handful of tracks. Sweet Home Alabama was of course always a favourite.

Love their band name though. Have heard the story behind it. :grinthumb

I've come to like Synyrd more now than I did when I was a kid. But I didn't collect them after the plane crash even though the survivors did a great job carrying on afterward.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
What a bizarre coincidence, I just purchased 'Second Helping' on iTunes without knowing about the anniversary!

I first became aware of Skynyrd when was discussing music with my dad a while back - he went to see them in concert a couple of times and strongly recommended 'Free Bird' to me. :guitar:

'Free Bird' rapidly became a favourite of mine and I soon decided to listen to the rest of 'Pronounced...', which I think is a fantastic debut album, I think all eight tracks are great but I particularly love Gimme Three Steps (great storytelling) and Simple Man (truly epic, that word is applied to many songs which aren't really epic, but this is, what a great guitar riff), as well as a certain aforementioned song concluding in a legendary guitar showdown. :D

Additionally, 'Sweet Home Alabama' inspired me to listen to Neil Young's 'Southern Man' and 'Alabama' - having heard the Skynyrd song I had to hear Neil's side of the argument!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online

No members online now.