Lous A-Z of 70s Glam Rock !!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hmmm...let's see LOU's thread, he's put a tremendous effort into his posts over his time here treats everyone with respect and is a legend in the forum...I agree with Sox you can put ABBA wherever you see fit LOU.

And isn't "Glam" just a short form of "Glamorous"...?...In which case I think ABBA does have that quality.:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Hey LOU, it's been awhile since I've stopped in as I didn't think you were still contributing to your thread.

Some great stuff. Marcus with Tim Bogert was excellent. Heavy. I remember Teaze very well as a teenager here in Canada they were fairly big. I have a couple of LPs in the collection but it's been years putting them on the turntable. The Bell label must of been a speciality label for glam or was trying for another success that would be Sweet.

BTW, I would label Abba as glam pop.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Glam rock was a wee bit before my time but I've enjoyed reading/listening to all things listed. Thanks Lou :grinthumb

Here is an Aussie glam rock band - Hush

BeatleRose75

Reaction score
Bowie! Bolan! Kiss! Alice Cooper, Roxy Music ,Slade,The Sweet, Sparks,Mott the Hoople, even early Queen.....theres no doubt that the early 70s produced some highly talented artists that are still highly regarded today........but what of the others?
The lipstick,flares and platform boots era.....why was this golden age of music often ridiculed ? Was it the fashions?...or some of the bands blatantly cheesy..............you decide,comments please....

A........ARROWS

Originally a three piece formed London 1974. Singer Alan Merrill...also bass ,Jake Hooker ..guitar and Paul Varley drums
Highly talented band remembered for penning the classic song "I love rocknroll "......of course covered by JOAN JETT :bow:....and later er... Britney :heheh:
The ARROWS had their own tv show in the UK from 76-77 that I used to watch as a kid and they played some decent tunes. They released just one album "first hit" in 1976 which I happen to own a copy. Its a bit of a disapointment with only a couple of uptempo numbers....the rest ballads.
Of course by 77 glam rock in the UK was fading ARROWS split....with Merrill joining band VODKA COLLINS.....Hooker quit music and Varley sadly died.

heres a couple of their hits.....good stuff....Merrills got a great voice!

Doing a Jazz dance to Arrows I love rocknroll in june lol..Everyone thinks Joan Jett sang it first ..

it's for a school promo ..if I figure out how..I'll post it on here :) if you don't mind ? cool thread

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's what threads are for, and LOU likes people visiting his Magnum Opus...well one of them.:D

If you need help with the Youtube embedding let us know, that is easily sorted.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yes be free to comment on anything BeatleRose . I enjoyed doing this light hearted view to 70s Glam rock ...there were some superb bands and even discovered some new to me from across the globe.
I love THE ARROWS , a band you rarely hear about nowadays. Joan Jett was really inspired to do her version to "I love rock n roll" and it is a little bit sad that THE ARROWS didnt get the real credit for the song like they should have.
A jazz dance version....that sounds interesting ...

Magnum opus...:heheh:...I like the sound of that...very 70s !!

Attachments

• imagesljbjb.jpg
    imagesljbjb.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 62

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online