"Looking forward to hearing the new Van Halen album." Michael Anthony

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth:

MICHAEL ANTHONY Says He Is 'Looking Forward' To Hearing New VAN HALEN Album - Feb. 2, 2011
According to ABC News Radio, former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony says he's "excited" that his former band are releasing new material.

The long-awaited new album from VAN HALEN inched another step closer to reality last month, when producer John Shanks confirmed via Twitter that he was indeed working with the band. Shanks had been rumored since late last year to be on board the project, which will feature singer David Lee Roth back behind the mic for the first time in over a quarter century. All Shanks wrote was, "Here we go kids...vh."

The Grammy-winning producer has worked on albums from BON JOVI, FLEETWOOD MAC, PINK, SHERYL CROW and many others.

Speaking to ABC News Radio, Anthony said, "I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do," adding that he has "no hard feelings" about his split from the band in 2005. He was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang.

Anthony hasn't spoken to any of the members of VAN HALEN since the end of the band's 2004 tour. He said, "The tour did not end as harmoniously as we would have liked it to and it probably should have gone on longer than it did." Still, Anthony wouldn't be against having his band CHICKENFOOT open for VAN HALEN should they go on tour — "I got no problem with that," he said.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Shows a lot of maturity to let water under the bridge in Anthony's case. He does what any true person with a love for music would do. Move on and find another outlet for his music. Having the two bands play on the same bill together would be a really cool thing IMO! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Michael Anthony is showing his class, never complained when he left, found another band to play with that appreciates him, and wishes his old band the best.

Very rare in the music business, perhaps Jagger/Richards and Tyler/Perry could learn something from MA...:think:

:D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I think it's cool that Michael Anthony is hoping that Van Halen do well. Shows that he doesn't hold or have any grudges. Shows class as LG said and also shows respect.

runtfan

Reaction score
Yeah, Michael Anthony continues to take the high road. I guess it's a little easier when another EVH meltdown is surely just around the corner and MA won't have to concern himself with it.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Yeah, Michael Anthony continues to take the high road. I guess it's a little easier when another EVH meltdown is surely just around the corner and MA won't have to concern himself with it.

Right, while he is saying the right things, I'm sure Anthony doesn't miss having to put his music career (including writing and touring plans) on hold for the whims, addictions and tantrums of Eddie Van Halen.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Michael Anthony is showing his class, never complained when he left, found another band to play with that appreciates him, and wishes his old band the best.

Very rare in the music business, perhaps Jagger/Richards and Tyler/Perry could learn something from MA...:think:

:D

I very much agree. I saw him on That Metal Show not too long ago and thought "Wow he seems like a real stand up guy" and this is only furthering that view in my opinion. He's a classy dude. :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
If anyone really believes Michael Anthony is really looking forward to hearing a new Van Halen album is fooling themselves...

It's like a husband who's completely in love with his wife...and the wife kicks his ass out the door, after 15 years of marriage for no reason, asks for a divorce....then announces she's getting married again to her personal trainer....and then the poor ol' sap says he's ''happy for her and wishes her luck.''

C'mon....who's buying that?

I'm not buying that, like I'm not buying Michael Anthony is ''excited that his former band are releasing new material'' stuff, for one second.

It's killing Michael Anthony inside, that he's not in Van Halen anymore, imo.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.