Live versions that are substantially better than the original

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It was on Killing Machine (a silly name for an album) and then on Unleashed in the East. I first heard it on a BBC In Concert, but I don't know if their BBC recordings are available.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Was that a best of? I do remember a couple of those and they were quite cool if you hadn't heard the whole albums.

Priest kicked so much ass in the 70s. The first four studio albums and the first live album are among my favorite metal anyone has ever done.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Killing Machine was the US version of Hell Bent for Leather.

I only really like Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny, when they were still recording material by their previous singer, Al Atkins. Successive albums had their moments, but weren't as consistent. Glenn Tipton's solo work is pretty good (he has a reasonable voice) and I didn't mind Halford's Fight.

I have never heard the albums with Tim Owens.

Khor1255

Reaction score
It would be cool to hear anything by a previous singer and I totally agree that the farther you go back with Priest albums the better (although my favorite is Sad Wings). I haven't followed Priest after those first albums because the rest was....

OK there were moments but c'mon?!

Sorry new Priest fans. I really like that you are giving these guys money. Anyone who did stuff as cool as their first four desreves a fat retirement.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online