Listen to who I discovered

Baz

Reaction score
The years have passed, and my passion for music increases. I am not a fan of modern rock/pop....altho folks like Paul Simon, JT, Doobies, those continuing, certainly attract my interest.

The Golden Age of music for me is the beginning of the 60's to the mid 70's, often characterized by the death of JFK thru disco....

Motown...the Brits....Folk...Folk Rock, the singer songwriter, et. al

Over the past 10 years, esp. with the aid of the internet, I have discovered folks from that time that either didn't appeal to me then....or I just wasn't familiar.....Delaney and Bonnie for the latter, and Dave Cousins/The Strawbs for the former.

Are there any notable solo, duo, groups from these marvelous years that YOU have brought into your music treasure chest that just didn't make the first go 'round?

Barry

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I detested Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, and pretty much all those sappy folk singers........

Now that I am older, I have a great appreciation for them. Infact, I adore Van Morrison, Simon & Garfunkel, and Cat Stevens. I still can only take Bob Dylan in small doses, but I have a huge appreciation for his lyrical skills.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The only one that comes to mind is Bob Dylan for me, I like him more now than back in the 70's, all the other artists I grew up with I never stopped enjoying.

Baz

Reaction score
I too have not outgrown the loves of my youth with music....but I've added quite a few........I liked Dylan up to Planet Waves I suspect it was.....his voice over the last 4 or 5 albums is not appealing to me, and oddly enuff, as Dylan came upon us, he was wordy like no other popular writer, and when he sang, his articulation was extraordinary....now often I can't understand the words he's singing....
but he'll sleep okay tonight after reading me say that, I'm sure :)

Barry

Baz

Reaction score
I really enjoy the fairly contemporary female country singers, they really have become cross over rock and folksingers....like Patty Loveless, Suzie Bogguss, and Kathy Mattea, Rosanne Cash another......they weren't from the 60's and 70's, but they fit in nicely with the expanded genres I collect.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I relate the music of my youth to happy times even though as a teen I had to struggle through all the crap teens go through.. I find as I get older I gravitate to more metal or 80's metal to be exact, but when I put on groups like The Doors, Robin Trower, Santana etc.. It's my personal time machine that has a comforting effect on me..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I too have not outgrown the loves of my youth with music....but I've added quite a few........I liked Dylan up to Planet Waves I suspect it was.....his voice over the last 4 or 5 albums is not appealing to me, and oddly enuff, as Dylan came upon us, he was wordy like no other popular writer, and when he sang, his articulation was extraordinary....now often I can't understand the words he's singing....
but he'll sleep okay tonight after reading me say that, I'm sure :)

Barry

I guess I should have been more specific in my post. I meant I enjoy Dylan's early albums more now than I did when they were released back in the 60's and 70's, I honestly don't know that much about any of his stuff after his stint in the Traveling Wilburys.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online