20585671.jpg

Lily Allen Official Website
Lily Allen Youtube Channel

Discography:

2006 Alright, Still
2009 It's Not Me, It's You
2009 F.U.E.P (EP)
2009 Paris Live Session (EP)

This would have to be one of my favorite female singers. I love her style of music, her sense of humor in some of songs and well everything else! :D

I've been lucky to see her perform live at the Big Day Out! She was hilarious (even though she was a little tipsy on stage) she still pulled off a huge crowd and a great performance, which only made me love her music even more!

Her real name, Lily Rose Beatrice Cooper born in England has written two album's. Her debut album "Alright Still" and her final album "It's Not Me, It's You"

I have listened to some songs from her first album, but also read its has a Ska and Reggae style about it, while her second album has an electric pop feel.

This is the first album (which I would like to get, it already has some great songs on it)
Alrightstill.jpg

And this is her second album (Which I have already got)
Lilyitsnotmesleeve.jpg

Unfortunately Lily Allen has left the music scene saying "she sees no way that she could ever make a profit making new records" However she has launched her own fashion label and done other things.

Anyway please enjoy some of her songs and comment back! :grinthumb

Songs from her first Album "Alright Still"

Smile - "Alright Still"

Alfie - "Alright Still"

LDN - "Alright Still"

Songs from her second album "It's Not Me, It's You"

The Fear - "It's Not Me It's You"

Not Fair - "It's Not Me, It's You"

22 - "It's Not Me, It's You"

F*#k You - "It's Not Me, It's You" (Sorry its has the F word, but it's a great song) :D

M

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Re: Lily Allen Thread

Hmm this isn't my style of music at all, but I think the way she sings with an accent (I have a thing for accents) is awesome. I thought she did a pretty decent job on redoing this Kaiser Chiefs song.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm somewhat familar with Lily Allens music! I've heard "Smile", "Alfie" and "**** you" before. I agree with Whaler that her accent helps her stand out. She's pretty good with wordplay as well and has a little bit of edge lyrically, a swagger in her delivery and an attitude that makes her appealing! In "**** You" I like how the music in parts sounds likee it could be a Carpenters song. :heheh: If you like her another artist you may like is Kate Nash. They remind me of one another in the cheeky attitude and poppy melodies that they have.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Hmm this isn't my style of music at all, but I think the way she sings with an accent (I have a thing for accents) is awesome. I thought she did a pretty decent job on redoing this Kaiser Chiefs song.

I like that one musically as well too Whaler! May be my favorite! :grinthumb Mark Ronson has some good collaborations! :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I have, It's Not Me, It's You, really like that, especially The Fear and Not Fair. LDN is my favourite from the ones I've heard from her first album.

I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of Lily on the music scene, even though she has said she has no plans to make another record.

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

I have, It's Not Me, It's You, really like that, especially The Fear and Not Fair. LDN is my favourite from the ones I've heard from her first album.

I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of Lily on the music scene, even though she has said she has no plans to make another record.

I would so love it if she came out with another album! Glad you like her too Tray! Great to have some Lily Allen fans :grinthumb

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

I never seen that video before Whalerfan! It was a great watch! and I never heard of Kaiser Chiefs before :( Definitely agree with her accent, it does help her? So what about Aussie Accents :heheh:

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Funny vid, the members of the KC's were the guys sitting in the booth watching Lily's cartoon. Aussie accent? Name me a vocalist that doesn't lose it while singing..I am stumped right now. Sarah Blasko?

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

Funny vid, the members of the KC's were the guys sitting in the booth watching Lily's cartoon. Aussie accent? Name me a vocalist that doesn't lose it while singing..I am stumped right now. Sarah Blasko?

Missy Higgins as a example, she's an Aussie singer where you can here the Aussie accent come through when she sings. I reckon its helps her along.

TKforfdqguR4JBzMSBBBbUy83JGkkMz6JBi0toT0GERwAOeFmw.jpg

Here's an example of her: Have a listen :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online