Lesser known 90's bands

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I only ever heard of these guys when they toured with Powderfinger for the "Across the Great Divide" tour in Australia. They were brilliant to hear live! Here is another song you might like of theirs called Straight Lines:

Wow!! Talk about Deja Vu.. I just posted a album review this morning on these guys!!:grinthumb
Their new stuff is way different than how they first started out..

Khor1255

Reaction score
I have not heard of PAW.
Two of my favorite bands in the last 30 years came out in the 90s

Screaming Trees (really an 80s band but they made their mark in the 90s). Uncle Anasthesia is badass. I know this one song ain't gonna cut it but you should really listen to that whole album and the ep that came before it.
Screaming Trees - Uncle Anesthesia - YouTube
ok
Screaming Trees-Beyond This Horizon - YouTube
Screaming Trees Something About Today - YouTube

Mindfunk (3rd generation metal)

Mind Funk - Wisteria.wmv - YouTube
Mindfunk - Mama, Moses and Me (Dropped) - YouTube
Mindfunk - Zootiehead (Dropped) - YouTube

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Paw sound a bit like Pearl Jam, but they are from Kansas. Their most famous track is probably the single, 'Jessie'. Wiki says they are an alternative rock band, but I don't know what that means - alternative to what?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I do not think I have ever heard Screaming Trees, Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age or any of those bands. What puts me off is that I did not like Them Crooked Vultures despite the presence of John Paul Jones.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Screaming Trees are often lumped in with alternative rock (anything just outside the mainstream apparently) but if you hear passed their frilly production tricks they are simply a hard rock band. I liked them enough to go and see them live back when they were just starting to be played on the radio and they absolutely kicked ass.
One of the better live shows I have ever seen even with their lead singer falling into the drums a couple of times and eventually having to be dragged off of the stage. He apparently wasn't able to stand very well (he had been drinking in the bar we saw them in for quite a long time before we even got there to see the opening act) but never missed a cue with his singing. When he was no longer able to stand one of the Connor brothers stepped in and sang the about 5 encores the crowd demanded.

Uncle Anesthesia and the EP Change Has Come are my favorite things from this band but they have some very cool stuff on every album I have heard even Sabbath and traditional covers.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Bloodline.

One and done but a great album with a very young Joe Bonamassa (17 when they recorded the album).

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Veruca Salt is fairly underground now. They were a punk-grunge band of women starting in 93. Rites of spring were never "huge" but pretty well known in the 90s rock community for being regarded as the pioneers of emo-core and screamo.

The Icon

Reaction score

The Upper Crust

Sound just like Bon Scott era AC/DC, but they put a spin on it that makes it great

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online