Lemmy hates rap and pop music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I hear all this praise for Lemmy and his "opinions," but how is his opinion any better than someone else? A doped up burnout rocker who writes boring songs and sings (if you want to call it that) like shit. Seriously. And that's my opinion, so maybe I should fetch some other artist that disses on his kind of music to try and "validate" my point. :bonk:

So Wolf, since you like this particular person, it doesn't make your opinion of the music any more valid than mine, or make a person who listens to the stuff he is putting down AND also listens to metal any less of a metalhead. I hear metal fans spout that "true metal fan" garbage all the time. I think it's pretentious bullshit.

This reminds me of when I read Interview with a Vampire. Lestat goes crazy after awhile because he can't cope with the changing of the times. I feel like a lot of people get stuck in a certain time or way of thinking, and when something new comes along it's hard to adjust to the changes, and what they held dear to them while their brain was forming (up until about age 24) is held up on a pedestal, while anything new must fail (and the person takes pleasure in the failure if it happens). Lemmy's comments are a perfect example. He hasn't changed, or advanced as a person. He is the same ole Lemmy, and can't understand anything new because he is stuck in a different time.

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Difference is, Lemmy isn't a 12 year old boy saying "DIS IS GAY SHIT" on youtube comments, he's a well respected musician who has the balls enough to express his opinions, and. and. and....

HIS SONGS ARE NOT BORING. HE IS A GREAT WRITER. You've probably heard like one Motorhead song. Oh, and have you heard the Ozzy Osbourne album No More Tears? Yea he wrote somes songs on that.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Lemmy is not stuck in a dìiff time at all.....actually, it's the MAISTREAM popsters out there who know NOTHING about TRUE rock and its origins.....they better go back to the SCHOOL OF ROCK, hahahahahhahahahahah :):):

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
difference is, lemmy isn't a 12 year old boy saying "dis is gay shit" on youtube comments, he's a well respected musician who has the balls enough to express his opinions, and. And. And....

His songs are not boring. He is a great writer. You've probably heard like one motorhead song. Oh, and have you heard the ozzy osbourne album no more tears? Yea he wrote somes songs on that.

right on bro:):):)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Are people actually criticizing Lemmy for saying its all garbage without any class?
COME ON, ITS LEMMY! He speaks the truth too.

tHERE ARE less true ROCK BROTHERS and sisters here than I thought......and EYE was harrassed for criticizing a ROTTEN band like Radiohead...NOW LET'S COME OFF IT :):):)omg::omg::omg::omg:

Kuaizi

Reaction score
Difference is, Lemmy isn't a 12 year old boy saying "DIS IS GAY SHIT" on youtube comments, he's a well respected musician who has the balls enough to express his opinions, and. and. and....

HIS SONGS ARE NOT BORING. HE IS A GREAT WRITER. You've probably heard like one Motorhead song. Oh, and have you heard the Ozzy Osbourne album No More Tears? Yea he wrote somes songs on that.

You really don't want to get in a technical breakdown of boring songwriting with me. You will lose that debate easily. You can argue most pop/rock/etc is boring when you actually break it down, but Motorhead is extra boring. Heard one of their new songs on Conan a few weeks back, and it almost put me to sleep. Saying he is a "great" writer is quite an overstatement. Mediocre at best. I think people like him more for what he is about (which I find weird in itself) rather than the music itself. It's equivalent to why teeny bopper girls like the Beiber.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I hear all this praise for Lemmy and his "opinions," but how is his opinion any better than someone else? A doped up burnout rocker who writes boring songs and sings (if you want to call it that) like shit. Seriously. And that's my opinion, so maybe I should fetch some other artist that disses on his kind of music to try and "validate" my point. :bonk:

So Wolf, since you like this particular person, it doesn't make your opinion of the music any more valid than mine, or make a person who listens to the stuff he is putting down AND also listens to metal any less of a metalhead. I hear metal fans spout that "true metal fan" garbage all the time. I think it's pretentious bullshit.

This reminds me of when I read Interview with a Vampire. Lestat goes crazy after awhile because he can't cope with the changing of the times. I feel like a lot of people get stuck in a certain time or way of thinking, and when something new comes along it's hard to adjust to the changes, and what they held dear to them while their brain was forming (up until about age 24) is held up on a pedestal, while anything new must fail (and the person takes pleasure in the failure if it happens). Lemmy's comments are a perfect example. He hasn't changed, or advanced as a person. He is the same ole Lemmy, and can't understand anything new because he is stuck in a different time.

Once again, I'm not really interested in your opinion ( barely glanced at it )
but you sure seems to be interested in mine lol

I think I'm done here I made all of my very valid points and this thread now bores me.

Lots of us think that POP SUCKS deal with it .

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone is getting so serious!

It is just an opinion spoken by Lemmy. If he chooses to dislike rap and pop, he is allowed and he is allowed to say what he feels.

I don't worship Lemmy, but he is pretty dang cool, and so are a lot of rockers. I wish I could sit down with each one of them, one by one, and hear their stories of how things were in the 70's :tup:

I wonder what Lemmy has to say about mosh pits

:snicker:

Kuaizi

Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing Wolf - I read your opinions because this is a discussion. NOT reading mine is insulting, like you are on this forum high horse - too good to read what I have to say and respond and shrug it off like you're the only one making valid points around this place?
What can you expect from forums though, and this one isn't any less different from any others I have come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indomoraltales123

Members online